Proudly say what you do for a living!

Discussion in 'Turbo Lounge' started by Vampire, Sep 13, 2010.

Proudly say what you do for a living!

Discussion in 'Turbo Lounge' started by Vampire, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Vampire

Vampire Up all night

0   0   0

So we're all brought together here by our love for these unique cars, but outside that we all come from so many different areas, backgrounds, lifestyles etc...so I thought it would be cool if we could see where we all bust our asses making a living!

Just like these cars, our job is a big part of who we are, so say it proudly, I think it will be interesting. Might even help us network a little.

I am a bodyguard at an estate in Beverly Hills, CA, and I moonlight as a bouncer at clubs and events in Hollywood on my days off. (Trust me it sounds a lot more interesting than it is :))
  2. GNeric

GNeric Senior member

0   0   0

Auto Technician for Toyota (been doing this for 27 years now :eek: ) Plus build cars + transmissions and whatever else at home.
  3. jhanson1750

jhanson1750 just a 10th quicker

0   0   0

Yep that sounds real cool. I'm just a maintenance guy at Turbocare (we rebuild natural gas and steam fired turbine rotors).
    I came from 16 years in the overhead crane buisness, welding, cutting, rigging, electrical and such.
    Prior to that USAR-as 31-V,C,E,B but that was in another, much more exciting, life.
  4. king kong

king kong Better,Stronger,n Faster

0   0   0

Longshoreman for the Port of New York and New Jersey! Anything that comes into the country we touch it first.....Ironically i work mainly i Port Newark NJ....The same Port Dubai wanted to buy 2yrs ago :eek:
  5. 22lbChevelle

22lbChevelle Member

0   0   0

Slave work...caugh..I mean landscaping..

Educated as a civil engineer, hoping to get on at boeing.
  6. Joe 1320

Joe 1320 Torqueus Maximus

0   0   0

7. HOT ROD-GN

HOT ROD-GN Active Member

0   0   0

I'm in the car restoration buisness.. 32year's started at the age of 13, by the age of 18 I had reputation of my art work. people us to tell me who taught me to do awsome work. my replay was, is a gift from GOD!:biggrin: AMEN!
  8. GOT JCE

GOT JCE RIP Ruka Jean

0   0   0

I manage a welding supply company in CT. Also own a company called Nextgen Cryo service. I fill liquid nitrogen for breeders who need to keep animal semen frozen. Also used to brand animals.Going great so far!!
  9. Little6pack

Little6pack Active Member

0   0   0

What haven't I been?

Jack of ALL TRADES Master of NONE! :biggrin:
  10. projectmoneypit

projectmoneypit tx firefighter

0   0   0

Firefighter in ft worth tx, before that a mechanic supervisor for Roush racing.
  11. Whut

Whut Addicted to Boost!

0   0   0

I am a senior Software QC/QA Engineer for a digital signage company. I have been in software development for the last ten years and love it.
  12. TurboBuRick

TurboBuRick Moderator Staff Member

0   0   0

Heat and light the earth. :cool:
  13. 1dollardog

1dollardog Are we there yet?

0   0   0

I'm property maintenance coordinator of a 700 acre development. We are 1300 acres total but the rest is the 18 hole golf course. I take care of everything but the golf. Property is devided into home sites, horse trails, hiking trails, 4 wheeler trails, equestrian facilities, club house and a whole lot more. Thats why I don't have time for my GN:mad:.
  14. Pronto

Pronto You know nothing Jon Snow.

0   0   0

Certified Dental Technician for 26 years, 30+ in the field. Love what I do, hate my pay.:(
  15. GNeric

GNeric Senior member

0   0   0

THAT is talent. BRAVO!!! I can play all the guitar parts but that coordination is amazing! :biggrin:

16. Whut

Whut Addicted to Boost!

0   0   0

I couldnt trust myself to do that. I just went to the dentist and discovered I am grinding my teeth to dust when I sleep. Lots of damage and they are going to rebuild my teeth to like new starting next week. I cant imagine spending that much time in someones mouth fixing all the little things like that.
  17. ZNix

ZNix Young-Gun

0   0   0

Full time student, using my brains to earn a 4.0 GPA and excel in classes way above my level.. Some may call me genius. But I am not. Took the test, and just barely missed. So who knows where I'll end up? I enjoy mainly the sciences so maybe a career as a doctor, physicist, etc. etc.
  18. O SO LO

O SO LO Active Member

0   0   0

Worked 21 1/2 yrs at Intalco Aluminum smelter (Alcoa) and 16 yrs as a Industrial Millwright. Past 5 1/2 yrs I've been a Maint. Technician with the City of Bellingham, Wash.
  19. GN FAN

GN FAN Member

0   0   0

Police......although currently still laid off and working part time at another department. I used to be a public accountant, a little too boring for me however lol.
  20. Pronto

Pronto You know nothing Jon Snow.

0   0   0

It's not so bad working on models at the bench. I'm not "in the trenches". It is pretty detailed work. I use a 20x microscope and we work down to 1/10ths of a mm clearences. A steady hand is a must.:wink: