04/29/06 LACR Buick Test & Tune

Gary Wells

White turbo Buick trailer park trash
Coming up a week from this Sat. is the Buick LACR-Palmdale Test & Tune races. There should be some good racing out there.
>http://www.bgnra.org/<
Steve's # is (714) 772-6201 if you have any questions. Flyers are available on the BGNRA website.

I'm coming and bringing the GN, but probably won't run it. I was wondering myself if others were coming, maybe Steve can chime in and let us know if he has had any sign ups.

just printed off directions to the track.. i could be stopping up to watch, but it's all about the wife this weekend due to the $$$ for the GN and transportion out..

My Chime in for LACR is:

I have had many guys call me about the race. As far as a count I will guess at 20 to 40 cars Maybe more will see.
Hope to see alot of new faces this weekend.

See you at the Race at LACR

Steve Hurst, President-BGNRA

Good Time!

Had a blast! actually 5 blasts! wasnt running as fast as i have prior but it was sure fun. I'll put up a couple of my runs after i get the video transfrered.
too bad i got beat by a GS in the bracket racing final (at least it was a buick)

Ray has got his car running pretty damn fast on street tires. Low low 12s most of the day!
Andrew

Great Time Fellas/ladys

Man what a blast, not so much with my car but I looked like this when I got home :mad: Dude.....GOT so sun burned. LOL! Anyway, I had a really great time to say the least. Thanks for posting some of the pics too! Hope to do it again soon. Nordyracer - better get that dang car here soon :cool:

It was definetly worth the 3 hr drive for me!..... Sorry, where's my manners. Im new to this site (as far as posting) but I had Bruce take care of me and get my account going so I could post but I have visited this site before. Thanks again Bruce. I live in SD and I usually race with the Pontiacs @ LACR but when I heard the GN's where gonna be up there racing I had to make the trip!

Thanks to Ray and Nordy Racer (Mike right?) for taking the time out to get me caught up on the GN's mods! I have always loved these cars and finally bought my first GN in Dec 04. Have been fixing some glitches but havent really done any major mods as of now. I wanted to meet up with the GN guys to find out what mods to do and what mods are just a waste of money and both Ray, Nordy Racer and a few other members there had tons of info to share and I appreciate it!

Little bit about myself, did 8 years in the military and have since moved on to working at Mercedes-Benz of SD as a tech so I do know my way around cars. Im planning on modding my GN to run low 10's-high 9's eventually (I realize this will take a few years but I will be there eventually) But for now Im looking at low 12's high 11's within a few years. Sorry this post is sooooo long but just wanted to introduced the new guy (me) and say thanks to everyone for the info!

Victor

Victor,

I'm glad you made it on here.. It was fun chatting with you that day, you came to the right place to learn about buicks.. Like i stated to you, i'm going to come down to SD for one of those Street Nights drag race events and have fun playing with those imports..

mike

Hey Mike thanks for the info but we should really go out to Barona. Granted its still only an 1/8th mile (like Qualcomm) but the track is pretty cool and its not too packed. You get a lot more runs and plenty of time to tune the car. For me LACR was wwwaayyyyyyy to packed that day. I dont think Ive seen that many cars in a while! But if you go to Qualcomm I would definelty want to go!

my1stgn said:
Hey Mike thanks for the info but we should really go out to Barona. Granted its still only an 1/8th mile (like Qualcomm) but the track is pretty cool and its not too packed. You get a lot more runs and plenty of time to tune the car. For me LACR was wwwaayyyyyyy to packed that day. I dont think Ive seen that many cars in a while! But if you go to Qualcomm I would definelty want to go!

screw that just go to Irwindale....

Irwindale....??? Never been there. What city is it in and is it a 1/4 or 1/8? Barona is only like 15 minutes away from San Diego and thats where I take my wife so she could get some runs in on the GTP plus it lets me tune the car....... but we should definetly have another "GN Gathering" here in the near future. I hear something about a dynoe day and Ill definetly try to make it out there!

my1stgn said:
Irwindale....??? Never been there. What city is it in and is it a 1/4 or 1/8? Barona is only like 15 minutes away from San Diego and thats where I take my wife so she could get some runs in on the GTP plus it lets me tune the car....... but we should definetly have another "GN Gathering" here in the near future. I hear something about a dynoe day and Ill definetly try to make it out there!

Irwindale is a 1/8 mile track.. not that bad too, i'm hearing it's the best place to get low 60'fts :D .. I don't mind trailering the GN, i'm use to 130 miles one way to Atco NJ from MD..

Victor check your PM box..

Got your message and replied Mike! Also Im still not sure where Irwindale is at so I might have to google it.......but if anyone is planning another GN get together at a track somewhere just let me know! Im there......... but this time Ill take the GN :cool: ........ just need to fix that a/c problem...... and does anyone use those shades for the t-tops to get some shade in the car?

nordy racer said:
Irwindale is a 1/8 mile track.. not that bad too, i'm hearing it's the best place to get low 60'fts :D .. I don't mind trailering the GN, i'm use to 130 miles one way to Atco NJ from MD..

Victor check your PM box..

They say they have the stickiest track around.... Its a real fun place to race, the crowd is in to it...like something you would see back east.

Well I see Irwindale is about two hours away from me and it sounds tempting but since its only an 1/8 mile track Id rather go to Barona to get some good test'n'tune runs and then head to a 1/4 track when its ready....... but if people want to go down to Irwindale for a GN day then Im willing to make the trip! :D :D :D