1-2 Shift Rpm

V

V6Addict

Hi everyone,

I had a question concerning the 1-2 shift point (what rpm) on a stage ii motor (4.1 off center, billet crank, billet cam 212/206, billet rods, art carr trans and converter). My car is currently shifting at 5800 rpm and it seemed a little "wound out", This is my first stage motor and i would really appreciate any help on this matter. Thanks in advance

What heads? What turbo?:) Not that I'll know the answer, but those will be the first things that are asked.

One more question...

Almost forgot...are you running the stock ecm, and if so, what chip? (What's your rev limit set at?) To be honest, 5800 with a relatively small cam and stock (even if ported) heads, doesn't seem too low an rpm to me. I'm guessing hydraulic roller lifters, too? How's your spring pressure? You could be starting to float the valves a little bit.

Stock ecm modded for low imp. injectors, max effort 16 position chip, hydralic lifters, max effort chip programmed for 5800 rpm 1-2 shift (i was just concerned that it is too high of a rpm and did not want to risk any damage)

The bottom end of your motor will withstand 7500-8000 rpm, providing it
has the oil pressure and clearences for it. Obviously, your valve won't. I would
think that if your spring pressures are what they should be, that cam would
be good to 6100-6200 rpm. JMO HTH