10 Feet Of Climate Change

Raising cattle is generally called ranching, farming is growing stuff out of the ground. But I do eat a lot of beef.

They’re meditating that some cord wood gets chopped, and zenning for some flaming natural gas for warmth , and hoping the global warming fireball in the sky rises again to melt the earth about now.

If you grow your own hay to feed your own cattle, then is it called farming cows?

Just wondering?

The real reason for the snow fall is that because the ozone layer hole from back in the 80's got closed up in the 90's when we stopped using R-12. (Which coincidently happened to coincide with DuPont's patent on R-12 expiring and their new patent on R-134a.) Anyway, seems the now whole, hole is trapping the global warming heat and CO2 over the ice caps and causing the ice to melt and in effect causing the polar bears to stop mating (since apparently polar bears like nookie cold, not wet). This is causing more moisture in the atmosphere and since the CO2 is not letting the heat escape into space, the warm air at the top is forcing the moist, cold air to fall towards the equator and thus the snow in Cali is still caused by global warming.

Now if some of my peers here can just review my thesis and agree with my conclusion then maybe I can get published and get some of that government grant money for me for helping to prove global warming and trying to save the world.

The real reason for the snow fall is that because the ozone layer hole from back in the 80's got closed up in the 90's when we stopped using R-12. (Which coincidently happened to coincide with DuPont's patent on R-12 expiring and their new patent on R-134a.) Anyway, seems the now whole, hole is trapping the global warming heat and CO2 over the ice caps and causing the ice to melt and in effect causing the polar bears to stop mating (since apparently polar bears like nookie cold, not wet). This is causing more moisture in the atmosphere and since the CO2 is not letting the heat escape into space, the warm air at the top is forcing the moist, cold air to fall towards the equator and thus the snow in Cali is still caused by global warming.

Now if some of my peers here can just review my thesis and agree with my conclusion then maybe I can get published and get some of that government grant money for me for helping to prove global warming and trying to save the world.

Just for anyone who thought I was kidding when I said they think unusual cold weather was caused by global warming....

The polar vortex above the Arctic has been spinning backwards for weeks. Here's why.​

Story by Eric Lagatta, USA TODAY
• 1h • 2 min read
1711656474380.png

Atmospheric scientists were surprised earlier this month to notice that the Arctic's polar vortex reversed its trajectory as it began spinning in the opposite direction. What's more: It has yet to stop.
The change occurred around March 4 and is among the six strongest such events since 1979, Amy Butler, a climate scientist at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), told Spaceweather.com.

The rotating mass of cold air that circles in the Arctic stratosphere is infamous for triggering extreme cold and storms in various regions, but fortunately that has not happened in this case, according to Butler, the author of NOAA's new polar vortex blog. Instead, what Butler calls "Sudden Stratospheric Warming events" led to an increase of polar ozone from lower latitudes surrounding the Arctic, causing the swirling reversal.

"Atmospheric planetary waves have been breaking in the polar stratosphere, increasing its temperature," Butler told SpaceWeather.com. "Also, warming air helps prevent chemical ozone loss."
The so-called "ozone spike" is the biggest in the month of March since record-keeping began in 1979, the outlet reported.

Fullscreen button
A city worker is seen February 11, 2021 using a power sweeper to clear ice across in Louisville, Kentucky. The National Weather Service credited the onslaught of sleet and snow to a polar vortex phenomenon.

A city worker is seen February 11, 2021 using a power sweeper to clear ice across in Louisville, Kentucky. The National Weather Service credited the onslaught of sleet and snow to a polar vortex phenomenon.© Jon Cherry/Getty Images

What is a polar vortex?​

The stratospheric polar vortex is a large-scale region of circulating winds that helps to confine cold air to the polar regions, according to NASA.
But when it weakens or is disturbed, that cold air can leak into lower latitudes and cause major weather events.
Residing high up in the stratosphere about 30 miles above Earth's surface, the vortex is most prominent during the winter. The winds spin at speeds of around 155 mph, according to the U.K. Met Office, nearly matching the minimum wind speed for a Category 5 hurricane.
Disruptions to the polar vortex can cause severe weather in the U.S., such as in 2021 when Louisville, Kentucky saw "an abrupt end to the mostly tranquil weather the region had experienced for much of 2020," according to NOAA.

What caused the polar vortex reversal?​

According to NOAA, the vortex has been noticeably active this winter.
The prevailing west-to-east "screaming-fast winds" circling the North Pole have completely reversed twice this year, the agency said in a March 20 blog post.
The culprit for the disruption lies on a sudden atmospheric warming caused by planetary waves that jostle the stratosphere from below and can reverse a vortex's flow, according to NOAA.
The disruptions can also have an effect on weather here in the U.S., such as the cold snap that the central region of the country experienced in January, NOAA said.

So how much longer should it last?
Butler told SpaceWeather.com that the winds are starting to slow down, meaning the ozone spike will subside and westerly winds will resume around the end of March.
Eric Lagatta covers breaking and trending news for USA TODAY. Reach him at elagatta@gannett.com
This article originally appeared on USA TODAY: The polar vortex above the Arctic has been spinning backwards for weeks. Here's why.

Original article...