109 Block in SD area?

Squid4life

Anyone ever have any luck finding a 109 in any of the salvages around here? Does ecology or anyone else keep cars that old? Looking to find a NA 109 if at all possible. How much are motors around here, or is it best to just spend $250-300 from someone who has one?

You should be able to find one at either Ecology or Pick a Part on most days. It's not uncommon to find a good cross section of Regals in either place.

Neal

Good news there! I appreciate the info Neal. You ever buy one and if so what do they normally charge? I may call around tomorrow but was curious. Thanks again.

I haven't bought one lately so I can't say what pricing is like. I think the last motor I bought from Ecology was a 455 for my GSX. That was a while ago. If you ask around someone in the Southwest forum probably has a bare block under their workbench if that's all you need. I can't see paying more than $150 for one myself as they aren't rare or uncommon at all.

Neal

Good news there! I appreciate the info Neal. You ever buy one and if so what do they normally charge? I may call around tomorrow but was curious. Thanks again.

Hey, with the server outage and issues I just saw your reply Neal. The block really is all I need. Going to do a slow build on the side while driving this one. Would like to go 109, girdle, then the rest of the good parts. Wondering if a stoker is in the future, but all depends on money, as usual.