120# Injectors

LarryG

Im getting back to the ride. Last out at Bowling Green 07'- had more issues with the motor. Did win 1st in the race car show class- however- didn't make the car go faster :rolleyes: . Horrible leak down numbers, thus the car sat all summer. With help from Steve Huges -it is tore down and I'll be back this spring. We believe we have the bugs out. Amongst other changes, Im looking to go from 83# injectors to 120#. The HP from 700 to 800 - 850. Has any one had the opportunity to try these vs the 160's? Larry

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Working with and on my T/A motor - learned alot the hard way. However-with help from many of you - its getting there ---- Thanks

Larry glad to see your back. I havent seen to much info about 120s but I have seen some 160s idle pretty good. I would skip the 120s and get the 160s plus there has to be 100s of 160 programs to get you very close on the first shot! By the way I ran a 9.85 at 137 and a 9.87 at 137 with the engine I got from you!

I have the 120's and i am so far happy with the idle on a small 232 ci motor. Pulsw width at idle averages 1.4 m.s with about a 13.8 a.f. I plan on using E85 eventually so they should work for what i am doing.

Larry glad to see your back. I havent seen to much info about 120s but I have seen some 160s idle pretty good. I would skip the 120s and get the 160s plus there has to be 100s of 160 programs to get you very close on the first shot! By the way I ran a 9.85 at 137 and a 9.87 at 137 with the engine I got from you!

Hey Craig - I was just thinking about you the other day. I am really glad the motor has worked out for you. Yep- I was thinking - I should not have sold it--:redface: I had alot of issues with the way I went. However- Im glad it worked out for you..Keep in touch..buickgetreal@verizon.net Larry

I have the 120's and i am so far happy with the idle on a small 232 ci motor. Pulsw width at idle averages 1.4 m.s with about a 13.8 a.f. I plan on using E85 eventually so they should work for what i am doing.
Thats for the info-- however -I do not know what E85 means.. please advise..

Its a fuel mixed with ethanol and gasoline to be eco-friendly. Check out the e85 forum on this site to infom you more.