17x10 and 17x9 GNX Style Wheels

Are you interested in a set of 17x9 and 17x10 GNX Style Wheels with Buick Offsets?

• Yes, I would definetly like to own a set

Votes: 63 49.2%
  • No, I am not interested

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Yes but it depends on the price

Votes: 61 47.7%

• Total voters
Seems like 18" were what most would have pulled the trigger on. Alot of folks already have the 16" gta, as do I. If the 17s were available first I absolutely would have copped them. If 18s become available I would more than likely sell my 16s and get them. Not so sure I would just to go up to 17 even though I really like the width. Just my opinion.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

I would think you would steer towards a 17x8 and 17x9.5 which have already been proven to fit with no rubbing. I fear a 17x9 in front would start to rub at full lock and a 17x9.5 would give that little extra space to help eliminate any rubbing from the rear.

I do agree with 18" being the most popular, but these would great to have in 17. I would have already purchased a set if it weren't for the spacer issue

I would think you would steer towards a 17x8 and 17x9.5 which have already been proven to fit with no rubbing. I fear a 17x9 in front would start to rub at full lock and a 17x9.5 would give that little extra space to help eliminate any rubbing from the rear.

I do agree with 18" being the most popular, but these would great to have in 17. I would have already purchased a set if it weren't for the spacer issue

I agree with this. Fender/frame rub starts getting tricky with 9" in front and 10" in the rear. And I would love a set of 17's. I think 18's with low profile tires start to look not "right" on these old birds. Just my opinion.

Hopefully 17" tire selection won't dwindle out anytime soon.

I think that the 18 would be a great choice but the 17 has some advantages. 17" tire selection for drag radials and slicks are more plentiful than the 18's. The 17" wheel also allows some sidewall wrinkle to still happen during the launch vs the tight 18" sidewall. I also think the 17" wheel also allows you to use a nice tire for autocross and spirited driving should you choice to do it.

20140607_175432.jpg
My Centerlines are 17x9.5 in the rear with a 5" backspace and fit awesome with a 295/45/17 mickey drag radial no rubs on the frame with stock rails, my lips arent rolled either and they do barely hit the lips on really big bumps but it could also be my worn out springs.... they have been on my car 6 years now... I personally think 10" wheels stick out too far on a stock framerail car but thats my opinion.. Hope this helps...
20140914_183544.jpg

View attachment 279199 My Centerlines are 17x9.5 in the rear with a 5" backspace and fit awesome with a 295/45/17 mickey drag radial no rubs on the frame with stock rails, my lips arent rolled either and they do barely hit the lips on really big bumps but it could also be my worn out springs.... they have been on my car 6 years now... I personally think 10" wheels stick out too far on a stock framerail car but thats my opinion.. Hope this helps... View attachment 279202
That is perfect. Love the 295 out back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

View attachment 279199 My Centerlines are 17x9.5 in the rear with a 5" backspace and fit awesome with a 295/45/17 mickey drag radial no rubs on the frame with stock rails, my lips arent rolled either and they do barely hit the lips on really big bumps but it could also be my worn out springs.... they have been on my car 6 years now... I personally think 10" wheels stick out too far on a stock framerail car but thats my opinion.. Hope this helps... View attachment 279202

That is great info!! Thank you for posting this!

I think that the 18 would be a great choice but the 17 has some advantages. 17" tire selection for drag radials and slicks are more plentiful than the 18's. The 17" wheel also allows some sidewall wrinkle to still happen during the launch vs the tight 18" sidewall. I also think the 17" wheel also allows you to use a nice tire for autocross and spirited driving should you choice to do it.
Do you have steel drums or aluminum drums? Aluminum drums will push the wheel out toward fender about a 1/4 inch.

I would like either for clearance on corvette breaks. Just not sure if the back spacing requirement would change.

That's close to 30 sets thus far. So how many does it take to make a mold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am actively communicating with them to get these done. They are very open minded, I just want to ensure I cover as many concerns as possible so we can get a great product out of this!

I am actively communicating with them to get these done. They are very open minded, I just want to ensure I cover as many concerns as possible so we can get a great product out of this!
Awesome. Thanks for doing this. I was thinking of this thread when I saw the 30% off coupon pop up for Classic today to be used on their GTA mesh wheels BUT I'd MUCH rather have these staggered wheels in wider widths.

Can't wait till this gets going. Thanks again.

Awesome. Thanks for doing this. I was thinking of this thread when I saw the 30% off coupon pop up for Classic today to be used on their GTA mesh wheels BUT I'd MUCH rather have these staggered wheels in wider widths.

Can't wait till this gets going. Thanks again.

The Classic promo is "up to 30% off". For the GTA wheels the discount is only 25%. I agree the 17"/18" mesh wheels at 9" or 10" would be excellent as long as price is reasonable.

The Classic promo is "up to 30% off". For the GTA wheels the discount is only 25%. I agree the 17"/18" mesh wheels at 9" or 10" would be excellent as long as price is reasonable.
Oh, thanks for clarifying. I didn't look too closely at it because I WANT THESE. LOL.