1970 Chevy Pickup C/10 Stepside

The downpipe is in. A v-band clamp was welded on at the bottom of it to make a nice seal to the rest of the exhaust. A different heater core was also put in with the hose connections out the side to clear the downpipe. The truck feels as good as ever right now. Now its time to enjoy it.....

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1416107924.617746.jpg

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1416107933.785528.jpg

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1416107944.610396.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet build . Love those trucks, my dad had a 70 C10 long bed vermillion red . Looks nice and is a speed demon I bet

Very cool. I've got a 74, 3/4 ton, with a tired 350. Just not sure which way I want to go. This is very inspiring.

Just a little update now that spring is getting closer.....

- I upgraded the converter from the restalled D5 to an Art Carr 19930 P stall. Spool up is nice right now and a lot more fun. Will have to put sticky tires on now to get any traction.

- Upgraded the seat belts from a lap belt to a 3 point belt with the shoulder belt. Should be a lot safer.

- Got a new alkycontrol kit ready to be installed. The SMC kit is still working fine but the alkycontrol kit will allow more boost and since its progressive I can tune it a little better.

- I ordered a rear sway bar. Should help with traction.

- Going to upgrade the stock cam sometime this spring to a 212 flat tappet. The 3.73 gears won't be doing the stock cam any favors and the cam should wake it up some. Valve springs had already been upgraded.

So still a somewhat stockish setup with a few upgrades. Its a blast to drive and the last couple of upgrades should make it fairly quick with the boost in the low 20s. Will surprise a lot of people, I hope. I plan to take it to the track sometime this spring to get a number.

I hope mine turns out as nice a job as yours. I am starting to put mine together now. can you send me your direct email so I can communicate with you directly.
I am at signthug@yahoo.com 85 chevy 1/2 ton stepside 4 x 4 38in tires 67 series turbo etc. I have questions for you more about the truck retrofit.

yep full auto with OD BRF trans with art carr 9"
thats a locar 4speed shifter just for the 200-4r , looks like a manual

Murphster passed by a little while ago, shot a quick little video of the truck. Too lazy to do any editing or make it full screen cuz it's only 45 seconds in length. She pulls much harder than she did when I was first in it a few months back...