1985 scan tools

ryanclem74

was wondering if anyone has any experience with a scan tool for a 1985 gn. Or what is the best way to tune one without converting to the 1987 ecm. thanks for any response or if anyone has an idea what it cost to convert to the 1987 ecm would be helpful to.

I'll give this thread a bump, Im needing the info too and everything I found when I searched it seemed to deal with 86-87ECM's. Mines an 85 too, its alot harder finding the cool gadgets for HA cars.:rolleyes:

Your best bet is to change over to the 86-87 ECM and use scanmaster. You can also try posting in the 'Hot-Air' forum on the board for some ideas!

I had TurboLink for all my hotairs when I had them. It is the older version that used the little hard "floppy disc" on an IBM Thinkpad 750ce. Still works and will probably use it on my Vega/Hotair project when I get it done. But as stated by TR84, it is better to upgrade to 87 ecm since more info is available to you compared to the hotair ecm. I switched to the 148 ecm in my 85 GM and went with a Thrasher chip (right before TT came along I think) and the car ran hard and was reliable as anything I could have hoped for. Even on 21psi (street) and 25psi (track).

was wondering if anyone has any experience with a scan tool for a 1985 gn. Or what is the best way to tune one without converting to the 1987 ecm. thanks for any response or if anyone has an idea what it cost to convert to the 1987 ecm would be helpful to.

I've been using the OTC2000 for my 84. I just recently did the upgrade to the 87 ecm, ignition etc. The OTC2000 is fine for basic tuning and it will tell you all you need to know as long as you have the stock ecm. My OTC is for sale now that I've upgraded. $125.00 shipped if you're interested. Its as complete as it was back in '84 and still in the original case. Let me know if you are interested.
Thanks, Steve