1986 T throwing 12 flash

thewoodieb

Woodie
My T-type recently started running roughly. I put a gm code key(fancy paper clip) in the scanmaster and got a light flash signalling a 12. A program similar to shopkey stated: ecm mis-communication with distributor. Would that be considered a coil and/or ingnition module problem. I have one to swap out if so. Let me know what you think. Also, whats the story behind Accels super-coil for our cars? I`m not planning on getting one, but I would like to hear some stories if anyone has time. Thanks buick broski`s.

one flash and then 2 flashes is not code 12 It should flash one long..... two short flashes... 12 12 12 31 12 12 12 ect 12 12 12

3 consecutive times then give you your codes, say three one that is code 31 wastegate solenoid fuse is blown

then finish off with one two

As I said before in your other post, code 12 is simply the ecm 'handshake, self-diagnostic mode' indicator... when shorting A/B on the aldl, you should ALWAYS get code 12. If not, something is wrong with the ecm... as such, code 12 is NOT a malfunction code, but rather an indicator that the ecm has entered self-diagnostic mode, and has not sensed any ignition reference pulses (ie. key on/engine off)..... see here: Malfunction Codes Reference

hope that helps... :)