1987 gn complete motor and trans etc.

nailheadpowered

I have a complete 1987 buick gn engine and trans im selling, this is complete ready to go and is still in the car running and driving. you will get everything with this setup including harness and ecm basically i will unbolt the trans mount motor mounts fuel lines and trans lines and pull the entire setup out complete, you get the mounts. this setup runs excellent and has a chrome turbo cover chrome maf pipe and a dutt modified intercooler. if you have any questions call me at 818-913-2800 thanks mike.

I have a complete 1987 buick gn engine and trans im selling, this is complete ready to go and is still in the car running and driving. you will get everything with this setup including harness and ecm basically i will unbolt the trans mount motor mounts fuel lines and trans lines and pull the entire setup out complete, you get the mounts. this setup runs excellent and has a chrome turbo cover chrome maf pipe and a dutt modified intercooler. if you have any questions call me at 818-913-2800 thanks mike.

how much ???????????????

I'm out at Fairchild AFB, next to Spokane. I dont currently have anything but I'm looking for something that I could get cheap and then build slowly over time. I always see TBs for sale at reasonable prices but with really high miles. So I thought one avenue to go is to find a drivetrain that i could build up and then when something comes along that I could pickup for around 5-8K I could act on it. I'm in Kuwait right now but will return in Feb. I'm going to make a trip to GNnorthwest and pick there brain too. I'm not looking to build anything insane. just something reliable maybe in the 400-450 hp range.Seems like the blocks are the hardest thing to find, unless your get a stage II and I think that is way overkill for me at this point. Thanks for the reply

I think I found a good possibility down in San Jose, Ca. My brother owns a car stereo shop down there and he had a customer come in with a GN that wanted some to do some audio upgrades. My brother told him I was looking for one and I guess this guy has a few of them. One of them has roughly 130K on the clock. He's looking for $5K for it. My brother said he will go check it our for me. What should I tell him to pay attention to? Again, thanks for the help, I'm really excitted to finally get this dream rollin

Matt, I'm a little confused here. You start out talking about building just a drivetrain and waiting for a car to come along to put it in as funds become available. Now this guy your brother is talking to with "a few of them", are they drivetrains or complete cars. I would say $5K for a complete running car with 130K miles could be a pretty good deal, provided it's not trashed. But $5K for just the drivetrain with that many miles seems a bit spendy.

If we're talking a complete car the first thing to look for is rust. Unless it's been well taken care of, a 25 year old car is likely to have some. Look for upgrades, i.e. turbo, chip, exhaust, intercooler, injectors, fuel pump.....the list goes on. Has it been raced? T-tops are usually less desirable than hardtops. If the car is a T-type or Turbo-T it may not have a posi rearend. Look for a G80 on the options code sticker under the trunk lid, that's a posi. A GN will have a posi. What other options does the car have. Then like any used car look for the usual stuff, does it smoke or miss, how straight is the body, condition of the paint (repainting a black car can be expensive), how's the interior, is the headliner falling down (this is a problem with many TR's)

Another guy who might help is Mike in Spokane. He is m233roller. Do your homework and read all you can on this form and others. Good luck!

Yea, I can see how that could be confusing. The fact of the matter is I just want to get this thing started because I am tired of waiting for the perfect time to get one. So weather in be starting to build the drivetrain or finding a complete car for a decent price, it doesn't really matter, it's all progress in my eyes. I will pass along to my brother what you had mentioned and we'll see where it goes. There seems to be alot more choices down in the Bay Area then there is around here. I think as long as the car has a good frame and is straight with no rust then I'll act on it. I'm willing to deal with some faded paint because I have a idea for a different paint job and I know some people in that line of work. My brother can take care of the headliner and any interior work. I would have him rip it all out anyways and dynamat the snot out of everything, to include the trunk. I'm a bit of an audiophile so that is a must for me.

Anyway, enough rambling, thanks for the advise and I'll try talking with Mike as well. BTW, did you still have that drivetrain available?

Sorry, I'm not the one with the drivetrain. That's some guy called nailheadpowered that started a thread 6 years ago. Check the dates. You must have found the thread in a search and reserected it with your question. I'm just a guy that chimed in with coments.