2-3 flare when hot

BTW, does CK transmissions sell the control valve mod? If so, can someone post a link? I can't find it.

Make a log, the shift pattern should look like a saw tooth. The 3-2 mod is just blocking that valve. Google it. Plenty of info on it out there. Just be aware the 2/3 shift will firm up a lot at all angles. Cks plate is a nice piece. It deletes some check balls.

explain flare please?
In short, the 200-4R flare is generated because the timing of the second band release and 3rd clutch apply are not in sync. The 3rd clutch pack is slipping too much before it can fully apply. Clutches are designed to slip as the oil is exhausted then grab. This slipping creates a gap between 2nd and 3rd increasing RPM(the flare) before 3rd finally applies. This will create a lot of heat in the 3rd clutches. Once the clutch slips excessively, the clutches will get glazed over from heat and can no longer breathe fluid in and out of the clutches. This reduces clutch holding ability and will wear excessively creating debris and extreme heat. The flare will get worse if you don't address it immediately and will cost more to repair later. A flare in third can be one or all of the following - a calibration issue, a hydraulic problem and/or too much heat. Any questions, feel free to call me.

With the tires hot it went 2-3 just fine.

What was the temp outside,the last time you noticed the flair?
What was the temp this last time?
Do you monitor trans temp?
Do you have an auxiliary trans cooler?

What was the temp outside,the last time you noticed the flair?
--Last time was cooler outside. Mid-high 60's
What was the temp this last time?
--75ish
Do you monitor trans temp?
--Not yet. I'll have to get a gauge.
Do you have an auxiliary trans cooler?
--Yessir

I'd like to try one of these beefed up Bison pressure plates. I have a trans in process right now at Jimmy's.