2 questions...

denn454

turbo swimmer
first off i think its time to get a new turbo. I can pull the shafe in and out a bit, it also moves up and down some. but it doesnt' smoke and doesn't use much oil, MAYBE 1/2 a quart every 5 tanks. could that contribute to slow spool and really slow 60' times? i usually run between 2.4 and 2.5 with no traction problems.

next question, what is the best turbo (oppinions here, i know theres no such thing)? i'm hoping to run low-mid 13's next season, if the turbo is holding me back i'm sure a stock turbo could give me thoes numbers, but if i'm spending the money i'd rather do it right. i drive the car everyday so i need something thats not going to give me any problems, and lag comparable to stock. I was thinking possible a te-44 or ta-49 but i've heard there not much better than stock, then i've heard they make the stock turbo look like a toy, i have no idea what the truth is. someday i do want to get a 3200 stall, but it probably won't be soon if that makes any difference.

Thanks!:)

I can run high 11's with my TA-49. Great turbo and it is a significant improvement over the stocker. See sig. for combo/times.