200-4R OD Problem(long)

MR_PINK

Hello all. I am an avid G body enthusiest and currently own a monte carlo ss. I was refered to this site about my transimission problem hoping to find some fresh ideas. The background on my 200-4R is it was rebuilt by a reputable transmission shop in Chicago about 30,000 miles ago with the stock L69 engine and computer controls all intact. The trans was great and worked fine. I then swapped in a crate motor and went to a non computer control system. I installed a lock up kit from superior, and a b&m shift kit and the trans still operated fine. Recently my trans has been acting like a 3 speed. I installed the lockup switch in the 4th gear pressure port wanting lockup only in 4th gear when i originally installed the kit. Now about a month ago my trans will lock up still around 40 mph now and the rpm will just climb from then on. It has no 4th gear it seems like, but with the switch being in the 4th gear pressure port this would have to be 4th gear right because i can feel the converter locking up. This is what gets me. It feels like 4th gear but my rpm are way to high for it to be. Around 65 im turning around 3000 rpm. I droped the pan to look for burnt clutch material and found none, nor is the fluid burnt or discolored. I also tried several ajustments on the T.V. cable with no success. Am I missing something here? Does anyone have any ideas or should i bring it to a shop? Sorry for the long post btw TIA

It is entirely possible that even though the 3-4 shift valve is shuttling & activating your TCC, the overdrive clutches may be toast and therefore slipping.

Clutches don't necessarily have to generate lots of trash when they fail. Often clutches burn and glaze over if there's a problem and they'll lose their holding capacity. Don't really see that condition on 200-4R OD clutches to often though.

Also i can shift manually no problem 1-2-D-OD then it locks up in OD but my rpm is high. Could there be a possible converter problem or no? Thanks in Advance