2004R leak

deacon07

Before I take my car in to get it checked out I thought I would ask you guys for any insight you might have. I hooked a 2004R up to my Buick 350 in my 69 skylark. Had a few issues but all in all it went ok. Now the problem is that the Trans leaks. It looks to be around the pan but I've almost ruled that out with swapping pan gaskets and pans.

I drive it around for say the whole day or just ten minutes. No leaks. But it seems I check it the next day and it has leaked maybe a teaspoon of fluid then seems to stop.

I torqued the pan bolts to 100 inch pounds in a criss cross pattern. It does not look like it leaks from the converter or from the front seal. It leaks down from one of the pan bolts, but the car does have a pretty good rake to it so I assume it runs forward before it drips down.

Any help or advice you guys can provide I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

I just covered this a few days ago. Look at my posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just looked it up. OK I will check those things and see what I can find out. Thank you for your quick response and patience...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Just looked it up. OK I will check those things and see what I can find out. Thank you for your quick response and patience...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
I'd get under there with break parts cleaner and get it really dry and you should see a path after a short road test

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So found out what the issue was. The shift linkage seal needed replaced. Now it's all good and I'm so happy.