2004r tools

cdw1946

anybody rent out the tools for my 2004r build? low/revrse clutch housing tool and output shaft and rear unit support and fixture. thanks, Dennt

Output shaft can be done with a driveshaft yoke and/or duct tape or bailing wire in a pinch. Especially if you're only doing it once. Low/rev tool i'd suggest putting a deposit on one at a local trans shop and see if they'll loan it. Doubt they're using it much anymore lol.

I watched eBay to get my low/rev tool. You can get it in and out without one. Some stiff wires with a 90* bend at the ends can be put down there and the low/rev setup can be pulled out. I've heard /read of people who turned the case up and hit the bell on a piece of wood to get it out.

I've been slowly buying tools up for rebuilding mine. when I get mine rebuilt I'd be up to renting it out, but give me a little bit to get this done.

I watched eBay to get my low/rev tool. You can get it in and out without one. Some stiff wires with a 90* bend at the ends can be put down there and the low/rev setup can be pulled out. I've heard /read of people who turned the case up and hit the bell on a piece of wood to get it out.
That's how I removed mine. When I installed it I used stiff wire bent at a 90 and gorilla taped it to the face.

Attachments

• lowrev.jpg
    lowrev.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 174
I have also been considering buying whatever tools are needed to rebuild mine my own.
How expensive are these special tools?
A few hundred?
I figure it doesn't work now what difference would it make if i fucked it up?
If you guys have links to the tools post them up.

Last edited:
I have been considering buying whatever is need to rebuild one my self lately.
How expensive are these special tools?
A few hundred?
I figure it doesn't work now what difference would it make if ducked it up?
If you guys have links to the tools post them up.
I don't know what the tools would cost nowadays as I have owned mine for years.you can build it with out them but the Kent Moore j28542 tool sure makes it nice to remove and install the low and reverse clutch housing. Also the j29332 for the output shaft is nice for holding it in place to install the snap ring and checking the output end play,but as others have said it can be done without them?

Same as Rich here, I just wired the yoke for setting up the output. As for the low/reverse, I rigged up 2 coat hangers with short 90* bends and worked it out that way. It took some time but it eventually came......just have to be patient. Same with the front pump, you have to locate the right spots to work it out of the case. There are points you don't want to pry on that can cause damage, so need to be careful.