2011 TSM Points Series

V6RACER

The true 8 Second 109!
Let's hear you thoughts on 2011 TSM Points Series:

Couple of things I want to do in the TSM Points Series this year:

-Increased payouts for Points series members (Winner, runner up, Semi Finals)
-Non TSM Points series members no payout for Semi Final appearence.
-$100 to join (First Semi Final appearance you would get your money back)

Any other thoughts? I'm willing to get sponsors and put up my personal money to get this going.

I would also like to point out that the last TSM point race will be at BG will name champion there with jacket and trophy supply by Alexanders Auto.

And will glad to help get sponsors.:)

All right racers here is a start to 2011. I will keep adding as we get more info/sponsors:

Right now the plan for the TSM Points Series Racers is to have a minimum payout of $1000 at each race in 2011. This is a guaranteed amount which can go up with the addition of sponsorship money going forward. To join TSM Points series will be $100. All money to be paid out and tracked on TB.com

Here's how it will work.

Join the TSM Points series and race.
Payouts will be in the following percentages:

Exaples based on minimum of $1000
Winner: 50% of payout (ie $500)
Runner-up: 30% of payout (ie $300)
Semi Final: 10% of payout (ie $100)

These payouts could double or triple depending on the amount of event money and/or sponsorship money.

Jason, how many races will there be? And could you possibly list them with approx dates & locations? Also how does the series work? If I remember right you use your points from 3? races or something like that?

John, Yes that is the way the points work.

See here: http://www.t6p.com/tsm/pnpayouts.htm

Once the rules are completed Feb 1st I will reach out to the event directors to ensure that TSM will be able to race. I will post up the details as we get closer..

What I know from past:

Southern Buick Shootout Reynolds, GA April 21-23
TB.com Nats Greensboro, NC May 11-14
Buick Race Day Norwalk, OH May 20-22
BPG Nats Columbus, OH July 28-30
MWBC Osceola, IN August 26-27
GSCA Nats Bowling Green, KY October 19-22

JW, is TB.com nats going to be a points race this year?

Yes all the races listed will be points races. Of course you will not be setting a 1/4 mile record at the TB.com nats. You will get points for #1 qualifier etc..