2017 Rules Vote

Kip

Please vote for the good on the class not for you or some others single benefit.
Those eligible to vote are anyone who raced THS in 2014-2016 or qualified in BG 2016.
When voting include the event that you last raced THS or if you qualified in BG 2016 along with your name.
Please take the time to vote on each item instead of just saying no changes. Voting ends 1/18/2017

1. Allow nitrous with a 62mm turbo limit. (Any car with it will have to pull the air intake off
and we will use the same plug TTS does for Tech)

2. 100 weight break for stock ecm.

3. Allow Fiberglass or Carbon Fiber deck lids as long as the car makes weight.

4.Allow heat and ac delete.

5. Lower class weight to 3450.

6. Remove the wording off matching wheels.

7. Remove weight penalty for non 200. ( This would help with checking of weights after a run, aka less confusing for a helper at the scales. Anybody against this should think of donating some of their time to work the scales.)

8. Allow light weight batteries in the stock location.

Last edited:
2014 BG

1. Allow nitrous with a 62mm turbo limit. (Any car with it will have to pull the air intake off
and we will use the same plug TTS does for Tech) No

2. 100 weight break for stock ecm. No

3. Allow Fiberglass or Carbon Fiber deck lids as long as the car makes weight. Yes

4.Allow heat and ac delete. No

5. Lower class weight to 3450. No

6. Remove the wording off matching wheels. Yes

7. Remove weight penalty for non 200. ( This would help with checking of weights after a run, aka less confusing for a helper at the scales. Anybody against this should think of donating some of their time to work the scales.) Yes

8. Allow light weight batteries in the stock location. Yes

BG 2014
BG 2015
BG 2016
Patrick Hester

and we will use the same plug TTS does for Tech) NO

2. 100 weight break for stock ecm. NO

3. Allow Fiberglass or Carbon Fiber deck lids as long as the car makes weight. NO

4.Allow heat and ac delete. NO

5. Lower class weight to 3450. NO

6. Remove the wording off matching wheels. YES

7. Remove weight penalty for non 200. ( This would help with checking of weights after a run, aka less confusing for a helper at the scales. Anybody against this should think of donating some of their time to work the scales.) NO

8. Allow light weight batteries in the stock location. NO

Last edited:
Haulz A
BG 2014, 2015, 2016
TB.COM 2016 THS Runner up

1 NOS yes but limit turbo 62 mm/ 100 hp shot/ min weight 3500 lbs
2 Yes - Stock ECM car 100 lbs weight break
3 No
4 No
5 No
6 No
7 No
8 Yes - any type of battery as long as fit in stock location

Last edited:
I raced THS in 2014, 2015 was in BG 2016 (I think I qualified, dang rain!)
Jason Jamerson Driver of QWIK

1.YES! Allow nitrous with a 62mm turbo limit. (Any car with it will have to pull the air intake off
and we will use the same plug TTS does for Tech)

2. YES! 100 weight break for stock ecm.

3. YES! Allow Fiberglass or Carbon Fiber deck lids as long as the car makes weight.

4.NO! Allow heat and ac delete.

5. NO! Lower class weight to 3450.

6.YES! Remove the wording off matching wheels.

7. YES! Remove weight penalty for non 200. ( This would help with checking of weights after a run, aka less confusing for a helper at the scales. Anybody against this should think of donating some of their time to work the scales.)

8.YES! Allow light weight batteries in the stock location.

I have raced THS since 2010.. 11-,12,13,14,16 BG
I have raced THS in TB.com nats every yr when there was enough car to have a class....

I vote that the current rules stay in place..... Why mess with something that works?

The only thing i could see to change is the weight penalty for the any other trans besides the 200

I have raced THS since 2010.. 11-,12,13,14,16 BG
I have raced THS in TB.com nats every yr when there was enough car to have a class....

I vote that the current rules stay in place..... Why mess with something that works?

The only thing i could see to change is the weight penalty for the any other trans besides the 200

Just to be clear Patrick is that a yes to kill the weight penalty for non 200 transmissions and and a no on the rest?

I qualified in 2016 in NC then blew the engine. Allowed to vote ?

Bryan

The racers that have raced THS at TB.COM and the Grapple at Gateway should be allowed to vote as they supported the class just as much if not more than anyone that raced in Bowling Green. They should not be left out just because they were unable to attend BG.
DDay

The racers that have raced THS at TB.COM and the Grapple at Gateway should be allowed to vote as they supported the class just as much if not more than anyone that raced in Bowling Green. They should not be left out just because they were unable to attend BG.
DDay[/QUOT

They are and always will be. If you look at my post it says the racers that raced THS 2014- 2016 or qualified in BG 2016. This covers all the 2014-2016 Races that actually took place plus the racers who qualified in BG at the 2016 nats which did not have a race.
BTW if you have an accurate list of those THS racers from Gateway you could forward me that would be nice.

(Those eligible to vote are anyone who raced THS in 2014-2016 or qualified in BG 2016.
When voting include the event that you last raced THS or if you qualified in BG 2017 along with your name)
Your original post didn't list the races, and also states( qualified in BG 2017) which has not even been run yet. So you can clearly see some clarity needed to be added. Maybe I wasn't the only one looking for a answer , the post by Phone Guy was asked yesterday. Who did you set up to be the RRA at the Grapple at Gateway ? Maybe I can get a list from them of the racers that supported that race.

I qualified in 2016 in NC then blew the engine. Allowed to vote ?

Bryan

The ruling has always been that if there was a race then it was the race participants who got a vote and in case of rain out where no race took place it fell back on those who qualified.

(Those eligible to vote are anyone who raced THS in 2014-2016 or qualified in BG 2016.
When voting include the event that you last raced THS or if you qualified in BG 2017 along with your name)
Your original post didn't list the races, and also states( qualified in BG 2017) which has not even been run yet. So you can clearly see some clarity needed to be added. Maybe I wasn't the only one looking for a answer , the post by Phone Guy was asked yesterday. Who did you set up to be the RRA at the Grapple at Gateway ? Maybe I can get a list from them of the racers that supported that race.

David, thanks for pointing out my typo in the original post. If you look the 6 and 7 are near each other on the key board. To those who were affected in the less than 45 minutes it was up that way before I fixed it I am sorry.
As for Phone Guy he had a perfectly good question and I guess I should have answered it a little quicker but life sometimes gets in the way. With the voting being open for a week I really feel it was a no harm no foul situation.
As for the RRAs at Grapple at Gateway, I told you on the phone in 2013 that I would not be making to that race for you to run it.
This going back and forth between us does not belong in the voting thread, if you want start another thread and entitle it something like "Picking at Kip" or something.