3.8 Turbo engine swap

Klag

I was just wondering if anyone can post a link to some information (or even another thread) about intstalling a 3.8 turbo Buick engine into another GBody car like a non turbo Regal, or even a Cutlass or Monte Carlo.

I know it's been done before, just curious as to some of the costs, procedures etc. Something I've always considered doing :)

OOPS wrong forum, sorry!

You'll need the wiring harness for sure as well as all of the pieces like the fan, intercooler (if going '86-'87 engine), ECM, exhaust for turbo car....the list goes on.

I was going to do the same swap before I learned I'd be miles ahead just buying a turbo car to start with. :smile:

Here ya go http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/185317-when-converting-regular-regal.html

Read somewhere it took a guy 4 months doing everything correctly with hand tools. You will need an 8.5 gn rear or an 8.5 with a 3.42 gear. just as well get a posi one and be done with it. You don't need to swap the dash harness unless you want the lights and tach if I remember right. THe engine harness should be plug and play. You can get a computer from a few of the fwd cars, but then you will need botht he chips. Better to get a donor car but BWEAVY ( gbodyparts.com ) can hook you up with everything you need or you can check the parts forum for someone parting a rust bucket. Don't need to do the tail light harness if you runa hot wire kit. You will need an f body radiator, oil and tranny cooler, pass side inner fender well, you can keep your vac brakes just need to get a vac block with the extra port on it. You will need the serp setup and ALL accessories, fuel lines, a rear sway bar, just as well put ALL the new body bushings in, do the A arm bushings whil everything is out, Don't know what's different on the a/c setups besides the lines and compressor, need a different heater box with the heat shield, etc., etc., Read throught the thread, should have everything I left out. Have fun! If it was me I'd find a whole TB use it for what you need and part the rest out. or sell what you, upb to you.