394 o2 volts

equalizer442

I just put my new scanmaster in and im running 394 o2 volts at idle, is this normal I thought the o2 volts had to be in the 700 range 790 on pump gas, or is that under wot? whats a good site to explane to me the meaning of all these numbers.

ok at wot im running 832 o2s with no knock on the top end, i did get some of what i think is falk knock when i launched it was 10.8 at 10 mph, sound safe to start inchen up the boost?

First you need to find and fix the knock/false knock issue. Just because you think its false doesn't mean its not pulling 10+ degrees of timing out that you could be using especially at 10 mph when your blasting off. If its not false then your going to have a problem shortly in the repair dept.

And yes, o2's are supposed to move around if not at wot as the ecm fueling is switching between rich and lean to try and maintain a commanded air fuel ratio.

HTH

How are your motor mounts? Maybe at 10psi the engine is torquing over and the downpipe hits setting off the knock counts. Just a thought.
Put some high octane in and go for a run. If the knock dissapears, maybe your timing is too high. If it's still there, check for stuff hitting.

Originally posted by equalizer442
I just put my new scanmaster in and im running 394 o2 volts at idle, is this normal I thought the o2 volts had to be in the 700 range 790 on pump gas, or is that under wot? whats a good site to explane to me the meaning of all these numbers.

Well, the 394 at idle could be because you're running an open loop idle chip. Are you?? Which chip.

And if you are open loop at idle that's fairly low, but not too bad.

i think i found the false knock problem, my exhaust pipes sewer hose clamp loosened up and was causing the exhaust to hit the down pipe. i ran it today and had 4.5 degrees at 73 mph, would that be at a shift point? another question i have is about he transmission, something's not quite right. i have no first gear, the shifter just wont pull back that far, ive herd that's common on some gns but that's not the problem.

when its in drive it drives and shifts like normal, then over drive drives and shifts like normal but with a lower rpm like it should be, BUT if i knock it up one notch in between over drive and neutral it seems i have another higher gear and it drives at even a LOWER rpm, seems really to high for under 50 mph but it will cruise at 80 it seems to be running at a really low rpm, ill go back out later and run it at 60 on a flat road and go threw all 3 gears and list the rpms.

70-75 MPH is where a lot of the chips automatically lock the TCC at WOT. That can be just like shift.

What you are describing sounds like you are hearing the TCC lockup during normal driving.

Originally posted by equalizer442
i think i found the false knock problem, my exhaust pipes sewer hose clamp loosened up and was causing the exhaust to hit the down pipe. i ran it today and had 4.5 degrees at 73 mph, would that be at a shift point? another question i have is about he transmission, something's not quite right. i have no first gear, the shifter just wont pull back that far, ive herd that's common on some gns but that's not the problem.

when its in drive it drives and shifts like normal, then over drive drives and shifts like normal but with a lower rpm like it should be, BUT if i knock it up one notch in between over drive and neutral it seems i have another higher gear and it drives at even a LOWER rpm, seems really to high for under 50 mph but it will cruise at 80 it seems to be running at a really low rpm, ill go back out later and run it at 60 on a flat road and go threw all 3 gears and list the rpms.

Any chip info?? Which are you running?