4.1 #1 Cam bearing Install?

getchasum

MISSING 2 CYLINDERS???
Guys I need some help, for some reason I’ve got in my mind my #1 cam bearing has been installed incorrectly. Here’s what I’ve got…a 1984 production 4.1 484 casting. The machine shop has the front bearing installed in the 8:00 position. The bearing only has one passage and it’s installed directly over the oil passage from the block in the 8:00 position, btw…it does have the groove on the back side of the bearing. Never messed around much with the older blocks and can’t find my Power Source manual.

Is this correct or not????

groove in bearing

Is another way to get oil to the drivers side. Doesn't need to be very large either. One way to help oil pressure.

Yes,that is good.Thats called an oil control bearing set. Wish that set would work in a 109!

The one oil passage in the bearing sheel was giving me concern, since the older blocks are not grooved like the 109's.

If you are still concerned

This is what I would do
Put main bearing in switched--the ones without the holes in block to cover oil holes. Litely install caps.
Plug rear oil galley holes.
Install cam.
Plug front oil galley holes.
Install all lifters except for one on drivers side.
Some how plug oil feed hole in front of block.
Blow air in where oil sendig unit goes.
If all is well you should have SOME air come out the empty lifter hole.
Clear as mud????

Guess I'll break out some duct tape to cover the oil holes and give the air a try. Why can't people just do what you ask, If they'd just install the bearings I ask for I'd have the crank & pistons in it by now.

The back side of that bearing is grooved,I've seen that set before. You will be fine,but let us know how the test goes:) .