4.1 stock block build

I ran the same advance the car had a 400 Trans. I ran between 19 and 22 depending but 21 was best power. I usually kept it down for street I just could not use the power. Compression was 9.3

I ran the same advance the car had a 400 Trans. I ran between 19 and 22 depending but 21 was best power. I usually kept it down for street I just could not use the power. Compression was 9.3
I'm also at 9.3/1 compression ratio and I've found that 21 degrees is good for my combo,but when I use the default 23 in first and second,I'll see as much as.7 degrees of retard in first and second when you would think it would like the extra advance. When it shifts into third gear and the ignition advance changes to 21,I never see knock. I wonder if it's an E85 thing. I'll probably try 22 degrees in first and second,later today and see what I find. Of course I'm currently using the winter blend.

I think its the engine combo, what cam are you using? 21 might be close to MBT. did you ever put a timing light on it?

I think its the engine combo, what cam are you using? 21 might be close to MBT. did you ever put a timing light on it?
I haven't got my TR6 working yet. My current theory is that my spark plug wires are the problem. I want to cut to length and install the LS terminals and boots on my new wires and re-install the TR6. If it still doesn't work,I'll send it to Bob. I did degree the cam and took note of the position of the balancer in relation to the timing marker.

I'm using a 218/218 from Dave Husek. .571" lift with an xfi intake lobe.

if the reluctor is off the timing could be different You need to put a light on it and compare to the computer

if the reluctor is off the timing could be different You need to put a light on it and compare to the computer
Yes, I know. The reluctor was installed at Weber,so I'm guessing it will be right. I'll check when I get the TR6 installed.