4.1L forged pistons

Hi all, Question for you guys running or building 4.1s. Are you running a girdle? Just wondering, cause I didn't run a girdle and made about 530 hp.
I'm asking because I'm thinking about building another stock block 4.1. Maybe a 274ci version. I allready have the rods and pistons. Left-overs from my stageIIs. Thanks for your time.

Brandon

I'm having my block prepped for an RJC girdle right now. Highly encouraged by my machine shop even with relatively conservative plans.
MLH

I'm having my block prepped for an RJC girdle right now. Highly encouraged by my machine shop even with relatively conservative plans.
MLH
(1)what does this cost in machine work? (to add a girdle) and (2) are you useing billet caps with your girdle? and (3) how do u extend your oil pick up tube when adding a girdle?

If you get RJC's girdle, everything you need comes with it. All you will need is a good machinist to install it. Check out RJC's website for detailed info.:cool:

goin good, but slow JE is tryin to stick it to me $675 for pistons. :eek: (Thanks Randy) there goes my roller cam. comunists! gas goes up and so does everything else!

Pistons

If you would have went through us ,a JE distributor we could have given
you a better price, direct sales only get full racer net pricing . Do you know
that they do not come with rings or pins ?

Just subscribing to this. Im contemplating building a 4.1 as well, but not sure if there is a LOT of advantages when it comes to possible power potential. Anyone have any comments about the possible power advantages of a 4.1 to a 3.8?

Talking about pistons, this is relative I think. Im not trying to hijack, just thinking of other things related to this that might still help out a litte. But, does anyone make a stroker kit for a 4.1, or do you just use a stroker crank and rods that are meant for a 3.8? Seems like this would be different with possible different pistons.

I haven't made the change yet but, everything else being the same, math tells me the torque and hp should be up ~8%.

Increase = ((4.1 - 3.8) / 3.8) X 100 = 7.89%

Conrad

I haven't made the change yet but, everything else being the same, math tells me the torque and hp should be up ~8%.

Increase = ((4.1 - 3.8) / 3.8) X 100 = 7.89%

Conrad

Doesnt Full Throttle sell a 4.1 stroker kit? I know they have pistons from Diamond or did last time I looked?