5-point harness installation

bob86gn

Can I use the stock seatbelt bolts for the side harnesses and still meet NHRA requirements. I think it indicates that they can not be attached to the floor pan. I figured the anti-submarine belt can bolt to a bar attached below the seat.

How is everyone elses installed?

Bob

I use the seat belt attach points and have never been questioned....anti dive is just a bolt & washer...doesn't mean it is "legal" but have been to a number of NHRA tracks

make sure your harness connects to the roll bar in back, not the floor

Thanks AZGN.

My shoulder belts are thru bolted to the hoop crossbar behind the seat.

Originally posted by azgn
I use the seat belt attach points and have never been questioned....anti dive is just a bolt & washer...doesn't mean it is "legal" but have been to a number of NHRA tracks

make sure your harness connects to the roll bar in back, not the floor

I also used the existing seat belt holes and bolts. Both sets are held in with the same bolts. NHRA has scrutinized it everytime and said nothing.

YOu can bolt the crotch belt to the floor, just have to use large washers.

And yes, the shoulder harness have to be attached to the roll bar cross bar, not the floor.

To keep from puting a hole in the floorboard, I used some steel flat stock and made an X brace uder the seat. They were attached by the seat frame studs in the floorboard. I then drilled a hole where the bars cross and attached the crotch belt there.

Thanks guys. I figured I would make a bar for under the front seat and bolt the anti-dive belt to the bar. They get bolted in tonight!