#503 is back

Waited27years

#503 is back on the block in Kansas City this March. This car is like a bad STD getting passed around with no takers. It's was up for sale in Mecum this month with no takers. Highest bid was 50k I saw the car up close and it wasn't bad. Was this the car bought at auction in Dallas last fall?
HIGHLIGHTS
  • No. 503 of 547 produced
  • Less than 100 miles on engine rebuild
  • New interior pieces
  • New paint
  • New header panel
  • New carpet and panels in trunk
  • New weather stripping in trunk and doors
  • New headliner
  • New gauge panel
  • New upper door panels

It needs that many new things to look good again? To get the big money on X's you would probably need it to be original and not a rebuild. How many miles on the car? Still 50K ain't bad.

She's been in a couple of auctions in the last year, Mecum Houston ($42k, didn't sell and recently Mecum Kissimmee $50k and didn't sell)

Went through Mecum Dallas too. Shows sold for 44k, but then showed up at Kissimmee. Guy is spending a fortune in entry fees and transportation.

Back in April 2016 in Houston, she didn't sell, last bid was $42k
then in Nov of 2016 in Dallas, she did sell, apparently for $44k
so now with new owner, he tried to sell her in Kissimmee in Jan 2017 but didn't. Last bid was $50k
and going up for bid again in Kansas in March 2017.

So either the new owner is trying for a quick flip to make some cash, or he's unhappy with the car and wants to dump it asap.

He would have made 6K on a fast flip, that's not bad. It would for sure be on the buyer to do your homework.

Did this car sit outside somewhere for awhile for it to need new header, paint, interior, and on top of that a motor rebuild?

Talked to a reputable tb mechanic who was familiar with the car. He advised to steer clear of 503.

By now I'm sure 503 has a reputation at auctions so it isn't going to bring the money like the current owner hopes. The same group of people pretty much goto these auctions all across the nation so I'm sure they've caught wind of it.