.63 or .85????

gnloyalty877

t'squick6
Im probably getting the new 6765BB and was wondering if i need a .63 or .85 housing. The car is 95% street and i didn't want to sacrifice spool up getting the larger housing, but i also might have too much stall for the turbo. Should i get the bigger housing or restall the converter? Any help is appreciated.

Here's my combo:
stock block .30 over w/caps
t&d rockers
Champion irons and intake
60#ers
art carr 3500nl
lt1 maf w/translator
razor's alky
tt chip
atr headers
thdp

With a 3500 stall its gonna be insta-spool with that turbo. i would say definately go with the .85 housing especially running the champion heads, I have a 3200 stall with my 6776bb and I think I will switch to a .85. You might want a tighter conv as well, some guys are running a 2800 but most probably have a .63 housing. I think I might eventually even try the .85 and a 2800 PTC converter!

With your current combo you are putting together, factoring in 235 CI with much better flowing heads than stock irons, and especially if you go with a hyd roller cam, the .63 housing and a 3200 stall PTC would make that combo scream. You would have such quick spool up that you would never hook a regular radial again at anything close to 1/2 throttle. Mickey Thompson Drag radials would be a must have in this scenario.

If you do decide to go roller cam and 3200 stall, you might be able to get away with the .85 A/R housing to help tame the insanity down a little. If it's too slow with it, then throw on an RJC boost controller and tweak the TT chip launch fuel settings to help with spool up. If it was me, I would get the turbo built with a .63 A/R housing and purchase a .85 A/R housing seperately at the same time. The .63 would be the most fun on the street for sure, but it's going to be a hand full. Get a PTC 2800-3000 stall 9.5" converter and see how it behaves. If it's still insane, slap on the .85 A/R housing. The Art Carr 3500 and ATR headers are good additions to this combo, but you are leaving some mph on the table with the AC 9" due to slippage.
HTH

Patrick

.85 !! Nuff said. The big end pull will be scary, especially with good breathing heads!

See my new motor sig time, that was done with a TE60 and 12" 2800 stall. The TE60 has a small housing and spools nice.

What cam you got?

I forgot to mention that i already have a roller cam and a rjc boost controller as for the size of the cam i really don't know. The motor was built by anderson performance and if i had to guess i would say it wasn't any bigger than a 214. As for changing converters i really dont have that much money. I could have it restalled if i had to.