.63 Vs .82 exhaust housing

unstable bob

AMERICAN BAD AZZ!!!
Hi,

Newbie still learning...looking at new BB turbos, and have the option of a .63 or a .82 exhaust housing. Did some reading here and if I'm correct the .63 will spool quicker, and the .82 will move the power band up higher. Anyone care to add to this, or smack me upside my head for listing some wrong info?

Thx,
-ubg

List the rest of your combo so we'll be able to see which will be better. What are you plans with the car race/street?

List the rest of your combo so we'll be able to see which will be better. What are you plans with the car race/street?

Thanks for the reply. I was more/less asking this question in a general sense, as I'm happy with my TE44/42.5 injectors/TT Chip/Alky combo. :) I like learning all this new stuff. :cool:

The larger exhaust housings soften the lower rpm range and will pull harder on the top end...they are also more efficient as far as backpressure is concerned. I run a 6152 with the .85 a/r housing and love how hard it pulls on big end of the track. With the .63 housing it spooled too fast (if that's even possible to some) and ran out of steam further down the track. I recently tried a 6776 with the .85 housing and it put my motor to sleep out of the gate and pulled like mad on the top end...as stated so many times before it's all about the combo and my converter stall was too low for the 6776 and I knew that would be the case. So many people just throw parts at these cars and wonder why it doesn't run any faster/quicker...it's a matter of not trying to re-invent the wheel. These cars have been around SO long that the road has been paved for you/us. Keep reading and taking notes and you'll be $$$ ahead.