84 GN Headliner Color

84GNTTYPE

What color should the headliner be for my 84 GN. I have seen two colors. One is more of an off white/light tanish color and the other is a light gray. Any feedback would be appreciated!!

Thanks!

If I'm not mistaken GM called it light sand grey. The trim code was 60 but I dont think anyone selling headliners uses this code as a reference. I think the light gray color you are looking at is for the 85-87 GNs. It should be white-tanish color. Eric Fisher

As was already stated, the 84 GN headliner is trim code 60, called light sand gray. It is the beige/ light gray sort of color. The trim shops never seem to go by the code numbers for older cars, they just match up the color to a sheet of samples & pick the closest one. I have an 84 Riviera with the same code 60 interior, & when I got my headliner redone, the color we picked was listed on the color chart as being for a Chrysler intrepid. After we ordered in the fabric & it was all done, it was exactly the same color as original. You just have to go to an upholstery shop & check the sample charts. The regular kits you see for 85,6 & 7 GNs are a totally different color. Good luck, Ron Cavanagh, buickron@aol.com