87 T Limited Rides Again

North-South

Ordered my 87 T in late 1986. 2nd car, not a daily driver. Broken in gently. Then the fun began. Geez it was great to find unsuspecting Mustangs, Corvettes and Porches. ... what a hoot! Many of the goodies available at the time made it a high 11s car. Attended a few Nats, added a few more go fast goodies and ran a best 11.512 @ 117.8. 2nd at Nats 1987 brackets.

Job got in the way and on blocks she went. Started, run up to temp, exercised the drive line every couple months for years and years. Such a fanatic that I even changed the oil several times. Right now has 9,300 miles. Garaged every night of her life except a couple on trailer at Nats. Caught in the rain maybe twice over the years.

Couple months ago took it off blocks, got tags and drove it around (very gently as the original tires are mounted). Just a street chip, but got into it a couple times just to see if the wastegate, etc worked. Same 'ol thrill !! Hey (miracle of miracles) A/C still works ... good thing I kept a 25lb canister of R-12.
IMG_0172.JPG
IMG_0178.JPG
IMG_0188.JPG
IMG_0192.JPG
IMG_0197.JPG
IMG_0205.JPG
IMG_0209.JPG
IMG_0213.JPG
IMG_0215.JPG
Turbo.JPG
IMG_0178.JPG
IMG_0188.JPG
IMG_0192.JPG
IMG_0197.JPG
IMG_0205.JPG
IMG_0209.JPG
IMG_0213.JPG
IMG_0215.JPG
Turbo.JPG
Put her back on blocks for the winter.

I'm sure there are lotsa stories like this out there, just thought I'd share mine. Some pics included.

Beautiful. I love that interior, never seen it with that exterior color combo. looks great!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I bought this car last Thursday July 9th.
Chip is a great guy and did a wonderful job taking care of it.

The car is truly an amazing time capsule.
Above are pics of the car with its new tires. I kept the original tires that have 80-90 % of the tread because he mostly had Welds on the car. They also have no dry rot.
I couldn't be happier.
Thank you Chip I will take great care of her

Randy

Last edited:
Chip, Randy is a good friend of mine and the car couldn't have gone to a better home. Love the story too. I look forward to seeing it and helping Randy with whatever it needs. I have a dark red 87 also so it will be in good company at local shows.
-Jordan

IMG957175.jpg

A last kiss goodby as Randy was about to load the car. Ya, ya, I know, silly gesture. The hard core racers will think it's BS and the kids won't understand. Could not be more pleased that it went to someone who truly appreciates these cars. All the best Randy and I hope the car is a much fun the next 28 years as it has been for me.

Chip

I took it to the track for the first time tonite.
11.41 @ 119 spinning with a 1.70 60'
Definitely has more left in it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 194
IMG_1311.JPG
IMG_1321.JPG
IMG_1314.JPG

Update:
Pics with the new wheels
Hoping to reunite Chip and the car at Richard Clark's