'89 TTA blocks worth???

sheckyZ28

About how much do you guys figure a '89 TTA block is worth with 56k, .30 over, and recipts from a machine shop saying everything is good to go.

It would have been worth more had it been std. Its not worth anything more than a GN block. Actually I dont think there is anything different to identify it as a TTA block...if i'm wrong..pleez illuminate :)

Reason on std is 30 over TTA pistons are $$$$$$.. std TTA pistons can be had reasonably.

As all the GN/TTA stuff whatever you can get for it. Hope you find it a happy home.

Standard TTA Pistons

.030 Block is worth about $250 with the standard caps as far as I can tell. Billet caps add value and if you just had it bored and honed and have receipts for the machine work and have not run it since the machine work this may also add a little. Just my opinion and many times it depends on how many other blocks are for sale on the boards. HTH

Sorry to tread on the post, but RAZOR where can you get stock bore TTA Pistons for a reasonable price?

Thanks,
Scott

Other than engine code(SG1) Both should be 109 blocks if i'm not mistaken. Then again the blocks are numbered somehow to the cars I believe. Again I may be incorrect. I thought I read something where the stamping on the block coincided with the build number!

Re: Standard TTA Pistons

Originally posted by 10 sec TTa
.030 Block is worth about $250 with the standard caps as far as I can tell. Billet caps add value and if you just had it bored and honed and have receipts for the machine work and have not run it since the machine work this may also add a little. Just my opinion and many times it depends on how many other blocks are for sale on the boards. HTH

Sorry to tread on the post, but RAZOR where can you get stock bore TTA Pistons for a reasonable price?

Thanks,
Scott

Scott, 4 months ago I posted a wanted TTA pistons on the parts wanted section of this board. I recieved no less than 6 replies and prices ranging from 150 -300 for a set complete with rods..used off course.. My spare block is at 3 thou with a hone will go to 5..to much..need 20 or 30 over..but no deals on oversize TTA pistons... like 700-800 bucks for a set of custom Ross. Or JE's.

Two names come up..Rob Crissafulli had a set with rods for 300 and a guy NCTTA had a set just pistons for like 150...this was back in late Feb 2003.

HTH :D

The SG1 blocks had cross drilled crank journals and soposedly had revised oiling passages.

Originally posted by turbov6joe
The SG1 blocks had cross drilled crank journals and soposedly had revised oiling passages.

SG1 is a 109 block. There were no physical differences between the GN and TTA blocks. The crankshafts themselves had the mains cross drilled. And all crate short blocks after 88-89 had the crossdrilled cranks...So if your GN motor was replaced under warranty after 88, it got the cross drilled crank. This is to the best of my memory recollection..I may be wrong..

No reason for GM to make two variations of the crankshaft. The crossdrilled was a step in the better direction. And provided as the replacement part after 88-89. So if you went to the dealer and bought a crank for your GN in 1993, you got a cross drilled crank.