advice on pumps,etc

garyk1970

Electronics Moderator
Staff member
going to convert mine back to run methanol. questions....

1) two Bosch 69225 good enough/compatible??(TA49 @ 20-25 psi?) i already have one Bosch pump....?
2)rubber line in tank from pumps to hanger......any special kind?
2)60 lb injectors, TT chip planned....ok??

this is all i need to complete my car, any thoughts suggestions??

thanks in advance,
Gary

Wait, you're going to run straight Methanol on a car with a TA49, why?

Do you mean Ethanol, as in this sections purpose of E85?

Methanol needs double of what a gas fuel system would need so 60lb injectors on methanol is literally the stock sized injector and those were too small with mods done to the stock turbo.

looks like i need a chemistry lesson on meth, and e85..... for whatever reason,i was thinking they were close:eek: .
yes my goal is to leave the ta49 on and find big enough and compatible injectors,fp,chip,etc to use.
hopefully this section can help me head in the right direction,my car is already set up for dual pumps,etc,etc....

I just did this with My 49 60/65 # Mototrons and TT E85 chip so far its great, 23 psi and 0 knock we will see ?Walbro 307 pump and hotwired.I still have my Razor Alky in the car just in case:eek:

a vendor here recommends 120lb injectors........looks like ill need both those pumps too.....anyone know whats the (octane?) rating of meth?

E85 is around 105 octane. With a 49 turbo you should be fine with 65 lb injectors. If you can run -8 [non steel braided] hose to the fuel rail, and - 6 return.Bump up to 83 lb injectors. Double pumpers well give you plenty of fuel.

E85 is around 105 octane. With a 49 turbo you should be fine with 65 lb injectors. If you can run -8 [non steel braided] hose to the fuel rail, and - 6 return.Bump up to 83 lb injectors. Double pumpers well give you plenty of fuel.
the car had huge lines,Ive never measured the size though.....or what they are made of,but im sure its safe,looks like car was way over-built...

wrong link? would like to check this out......thanks for the help....

Ok E85 ( Ethanol ) is much more practical with what you posted.

If you really plan on staying with the E85 and eventually run into the 10's the 60's won't cut it. You might as well do it once and then just tweak the tune as the car gets faster IMO.

Talk to Eric about 120lb injectors ( like 83lbs on gas ) and get the stock ECM updated. If you plan on running alky then you can go to 95lbs injectors but I'd personally save the $$ and just do E85 and 120's and be done.

Determine your E.T. goal and do your fuel system around that and you'll be fine.

sorry for not being clear on my goals.....

my plans are to run car on methanol only,which it was converted to run when new.see sig for all the parts/details special to this car.

and i want a safe tune for occasional race here and there.

the car has a stainless 30 gal tank,ungraded fuel lines,fuel rail,impedance balance box. i don't have the injectors they (government) ran (which i suspect is too small anyway) and the chip ( which again probably wont compare to todays technology in chips).

the car has a TT chip,blue top injectors running on gasoline (i suspect its run on gas since 2001).

i need injectors,two pumps...and some methanol:biggrin:

i figured what you guys are doing here (e-85 forum)will be the best experience for good advice...

i would like to build a high 11 second car (while looking completely stock/original) and run mid/low 12's.......

Stainless tank, nice, but 30 gallons??? The thing must look like a 700lb beer belly hanging off the car. LOL

Impedance balance box, not sure how that would work but the stock ECM can be updated for low impedance injectors and then TT can tune the injectors around it.

BTW, Methanol and Ethanol are different but good. :biggrin:

And a TA49 can pump out 120mph + so don't go too small on anything.

i had to add air shocks,because when full and a couple of riders,it sagged.....got a complete air ride system off my old Buick roadmaster wagon....will install it when i have the time.it will keep the cars set ride height...automatically...
the balance box look like its just heavy duty resistors to make the sock ecm see normal impedance on the injectors...

i don't know the price of methanol, but i would think e85 would be a lot more practical of a fuel to run... i would guess its more readily available (buy it at the pump) and cheaper. Definitely something to look into. Your car could just as easily be an e85 car as a meth car.