alky control always on

GN18944

Hey guys, been awhile. I finished the install of the alky control unit today and I didn't pass my tests :(

For some reason the system is always spraying. As soon you turn the unit on it starts spraying.
If I unplug the MAP sensor the test button works as it should.
Is the PAC reading boost at idle?

Could my turbotweak chip be the problem? Based on what I read I thought I was okay running my old chip.

Any input is appreciated.

Hey guys, been awhile. I finished the install of the alky control unit today and I didn't pass my tests :(

For some reason the system is always spraying. As soon you turn the unit on it starts spraying.
If I unplug the MAP sensor the test button works as it should.
Is the PAC reading boost at idle?

Could my turbotweak chip be the problem? Based on what I read I thought I was okay running my old chip.

Any input is appreciated.
The system is setup to start spraying at a certain boost range say 7psi the red turn on light,then it will go to green when it's flowing more alky,this will happen around 12psi or so if the system is working correctly.it ramps in with boost and is always powered on and works off the 3bar map.i think you should recheck your install.

Yes check your wires. Also, Julio sells a slick harness that goes from the tps to the map. It includes the green wire that connects to the pac thing inside the car. I think I paid $27 for it. I recommend it if you don't have one.

More than likely, the alky signal wire is connected to the 5v feed of the MAP forcing it to max spray. Are you running the 3 bat map?

Yes check your wires. Also, Julio sells a slick harness that goes from the tps to the map. It includes the green wire that connects to the pac thing inside the car. I think I paid $27 for it. I recommend it if you don't have one.
My kit came with this

The green wire is connected to the green wire from the 3bar MAP that came with the kit, so unless it is pinned incorrectly.... Will do some testing.

The fuse inside of the PAC may be blown. I'm going through the same thing right now, installed the kit, car started ran horribly for a second then died. connected my laptop to the xfi and saw the MAP reading was 30psi with key on engine off. After checking all the connections and grounds I spoke to Julio and found the fuse to be blown. I replaced it and turned the ignition on and it's still reading 30psi at KOEO. Opened the PAC and another blown fuse. I spoke to Julio again and sent him the PAC back to inspect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fuse inside of the PAC may be blown. I'm going through the same thing right now, installed the kit, car started ran horribly for a second then died. connected my laptop to the xfi and saw the MAP reading was 30psi with key on engine off. After checking all the connections and grounds I spoke to Julio and found the fuse to be blown. I replaced it and turned the ignition on and it's still reading 30psi at KOEO. Opened the PAC and another blown fuse. I spoke to Julio again and sent him the PAC back to inspect

did yours work at idle with the MAP unplugged?

did yours work at idle with the MAP unplugged?

I didn't try the test button with the MAP unplugged :/ The new/fixed PAC should be here in the next few days so I'll let you know if the PAC was bad, which was causing the false MAP reading, per Julio, or if my problems are still there

More than likely, the alky signal wire is connected to the 5v feed of the MAP forcing it to max spray. Are you running the 3 bat map?

I have 5v IN and ground. No voltage showing on signal line while unplugged from MAP(as it should be). Backprobing signal wire shows 4.8v key on. Also shows 4.8v running as well as running with vacuum line off. 4.8v would equate to @0" Hg, so Im thinking this PAC is reading to be ready to boost. However, I plugged in the old sensor just to see my readings and its reading 3.5v which should be about 7" Hg. My boost gauge on the pillar shows about 18" Hg. I started vehicle with old unit in and turned on meth kit; still sprays right away.

Hope this info helps narrow this down.

Check your ground wire that goes to the inner fender by the battery. I mistakenly left my ground off and the pump ran continuously as soon as I turned the key on. This was years ago.

Ok. I am a bit confused.
MAP is 3 bar.
MAP feed is 4.8V
Can you post the MAP ouput voltage KOEO?

I didn't try the test button with the MAP unplugged :/ The new/fixed PAC should be here in the next few days so I'll let you know if the PAC was bad, which was causing the false MAP reading, per Julio, or if my problems are still there

Turns out nothing is wrong with the PAC, so it's something with the wiring. When I get the PAC back I'll switch the ground for the pump from the back of the mounting plate to another spot and see if it changes anything. I don't see what else it could be..

Ok. I am a bit confused.
MAP is 3 bar.
MAP feed is 4.8V
Can you post the MAP ouput voltage KOEO?

Not meaning to hijack or anything but I'm going through the same issues as the OP so maybe we have the same problem with our installation. My MAP V with KOEO is right at 4.8v if I remember correctly, I know the MAP PSI is 30.4 lbs. Green wire from PAC is soldered into green wire from MAP harness

Verify green wire voltage KOEO.
Should be around 1.6V if I recall.
If not, you found the problem.

Verify green wire voltage KOEO.
Should be around 1.6V if I recall.
If not, you found the problem.

I disconnected the IGN source on the PAC and the car ran normally, this would indicate correct voltage right? And the KOEO voltage on the MAP showed to be around 4.8 with the PACs IGN connected into the fuse panel.

@Jerryl As stated above, key on eng off I have 4.8v while backprobing green wire. If you meen what do i have at green wire while unplugged; its 0v as it should be.

I will check the ground, but Im pretty sure Ive checked that already.

Also, if Im looking at this correctly, the 3 bar PSi formula is:
(V x 8.94)-14.53=psi
(4.8v x 8.94)-14.53=psi
(42.912)-14.53=28.382psi

Last edited: