alky install with tps harness. What is everyone doing about the factory boost gauge?

HouTX87

Installing my alky kit, noticed the new tps harness is plug and play and the green wire goes directly to the pac controller. This leaves the factory map sensor harness unplugged, so in order to keep the digital boost gauge working I would have to splice the old green wire to the new green wire, or... I thought what if I just plugged the stock 2 bar map back in and ran a new hose to it? I don't care to splice my wiring harness any more than necessary and I like to keep things functional on the car as unnecessary as they may be. Has anyone else done it this way?

To be clear I'm talking about using the 2 bar map only for stock boost gauge, and using 3 bar map only for alky.

Installing my alky kit, noticed the new tps harness is plug and play and the green wire goes directly to the pac controller. This leaves the factory map sensor harness unplugged, so in order to keep the digital boost gauge working I would have to splice the old green wire to the new green wire, or... I thought what if I just plugged the stock 2 bar map back in and ran a new hose to it? I don't care to splice my wiring harness any more than necessary and I like to keep things functional on the car as unnecessary as they may be. Has anyone else done it this way?

I am assuming that your boost gauge received it's signal from the MAP's green wire?

So what about this approach-

On the directions it says to take the green wire from the MAP, and to connect it to the green wire on the PAC controller. What if you were to take the signal wire for the digital boost gauge, and put it in the same wire connector as the green MAP wire and the green PAC wire? This way your MAP is connected to the PAC, and the green wire is sending the signal from the MAP still, and your boost gauge's wire is now connected to the green MAP wire and thus receiving the signal as well.

Unless I am missing something in terms of the wiring and how electricity works, I think that would solve your problem..

Leave the factory sensor alone. Run a dedicated line to the new map sensor and breakout off the TPS for the 5v

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave the factory sensor alone. Run a dedicated line to the new map sensor and breakout off the TPS for the 5v

The new kits have the harness with a new plug for the tps, and a female plug to receive the original TPS. The green wire is spliced in already at the connector that attaches to the MAP sensor.

I've got an extra one of those new harnesses marleyskater mentioned if you want it. it's somewhere in a box of random parts in the garage so I'd have to double check to make sure I can find it

i dont get the OPs issue ??
the new jumper installs the alky map sensor as a separate system , you just need to supply a vac signal to the new 3 bar(tee into the old 2 bar line if you like) . the 2bar sensor for the in dash analog led boost gauge dosnt need to be unplugged or moved ....but..... most in dash gauges aren't accurate anyway and beside stop at 15psi so what good will it be on an alky car that will see over 15psi , just remove the 2 bar and install the new map sensor in its place and leave the plug for the analog dash unplugge or tie the green wire from the old map to the new harness green wire and what you'll have if the analog gauge works , is a led indash gauge that will come on at ~6psi and max at ~30psi

The in dash boost gauge is like tits on a nun. Useless.

It's not really an issue. Just curious if anyone had done it this way using two sensors. Like bison said, leave the factory sensor alone and run a dedictated line to the new map sensor. I realize how useless the factory gauge, but it's still cool.

It's not really an issue. Just curious if anyone had done it this way using two sensors. Like bison said, leave the factory sensor alone and run a dedictated line to the new map sensor. I realize how useless the factory gauge, but it's still cool.
I tee'd the 2 bar MAP into the charcoal canister line to make sure I had a dedicated line going to the 3 bar. Just make sure you're upstream of the checkvalve.

Sorry to dredge this up again but I’m still not clear on this.

My instructions say nothing about the ‘tps harness’. In fact in the package it’s called a ‘MAF frequency voltage converter’. Where do I apply this?

Where do I get the green wire?
f61000da17483f7ae814166b4630f93e.jpg

looks like the right harness ..wrong instruct sheet
the one jumper end plugs to tps other end tps wire plugs into it so that tps is now reconnected , the other connector end with the green wire is for the new 3bar map and the green goes to the alky pac controller green wire and powerlogger if logging boost

Couldn't I unpin the green wire on the stock connector and re pin it with 2 wires in the pin? The stock green wire and the one to the PAC Controller? Isn't it just to tap into the 5v line?

I like to get rid go as many connectors as possible.

you could tap into the green wire or as you suggest repin to two wires or tap it inside car at the tach connector below the cluster or at the c437 connector above the ecm ... but you really need to get the map sensor 5v input from a different source than the stock analog dash tach/boost module power supply