alky not flowing

MikeL.

Stay boosted my friends
Just bought Julio's kit and coming up on boost there doesn't seem to be alky being injected as I get knock. But when I hit the test button, the motor starts to bog down until I release the test button.

I'm guessing the MAP sensor is not detecting/sensing the boost signal and not activating the pump possibly :confused:

I'm sure I'm overlooking something but am in a state of "anaylysis paralysis".

Thanks for your input guys. :cool:

Does the LED light up red and/or green? If you have a volt meter you should see 1.6v on the green wire of the PAC box with the key on...That would be where I would start. I had the green wire break on me once and the same thing happened...Not pretty...

alky

Please do not continue to go into boost and subject the engine to knock. There is a series of test procedures that can diagnose the problem. Be it improper ground, pinched green wire, etc. Contact Julio at idoxlr_70@yahoo.com and he can guide you through this.

Sounds like an issue with the 3 bar map either not getting power/ground or not having a hose connected to it.

In the instruction it spells out what to do step by step. One says go into boost and see if the LED lites up.. if it doesnt... get your foot out and see why. By the time the motor hits 7 PSI it better be lit.

You can always call.. mornings are best.

Thanks Unix, I was thinking of backprobing to see if it was getting juice and will check as soon as I get my hands on a digi volt meter.

Julio, thanks for jumping in. That was my first guess, the Map sensor is not functioning the way it should (power/ground). I'll get more info before I give you a ring.

Thanks again guys :cool:

Update

:D Success! The culprit was a bad ground. I'm starting to inch up on boost and slowly getting it dialed in. Like Julio said, this is the fun part.

You guys running TT chips, once you have reached the max boost you're comfortable with and zero knock, do you then start to adjust add/pull the timing/fuel to tweak the max out of your combo?

I haven't touch the timing or fuel parameters in Eric's chip (yet) and am just inching up on boost and upping alky, when needed, to remain at zero knock.

Off the top of my head there's the first gear fuel/timing for nailing down the 60ft. Thanks for all the help guys. :cool: