Alky Nozzles

Crazi

Why Try...
Hey I have started my custom kit and I bought the NOS nozzle #13500. Ony thing is, I tested the setup and the damn nozzle didn't atomize worth a bi***. I took the jet out and tried it again and it kinda atomized It more looked like a fan but not so much like a mist. What is everyone using for alky nozzles? I have heard of oil burner nozzles and the Aquamist nozzles. Which of these works best?

Steve Chlupsa (SMC) has some decent nozzles but you need to regulate the pump speed in order to tune alchy flow.

Stupid Me....

I was using an old JY pump to test the nozzle. While it looked like it was pumping enough pressure, two of the impeller teeth wre broken!!:eek: One of the came all the way through the pump and the other came out of the feed end.

I am going to use two NOS fan spray nozzles.

I have two NOS nozzles on my GN, and they work okay. Kinda hard to tune. Had them on my GN and believe the pump on that was actually running too high a pressure/volume! Couldn't get it to atomize AND run the amount of alky I wanted. It would peg my inline 100 psi gauge. Switched to SMC nozzles and controller and was amazed at the difference! I can inject TONS more alky and not get any engine "drowning" like I had with the NOS nozzles. I promptly ordered the same upgraded stuff for my GN! :)

Both Mcmaster Carr and Grainger have nozzles that will work. Search thier pages for "misting nozzles".

McMaster misting nozzles run anywhere from $2.43 to $16 (according to catalog 104) depending on the flow rate and type of nozzle.

Instead of trying to figure out how to adjust pump speed you can adjust the amount of alcohol being fed to the nozzle by placing an adjustable bleed (similar to a wastegate bleed) between the nozzle and the pump. plumb the bleed return line back to the tank.

Charles Brooks