Alky pump dying??

Boston GN

Started the car up for the first time after being put away for the winter. Car is running great so I decided to test the alkycontrol system. Hit the test button and got no stumble. Kept hitting it, nothing. Drove around a bit and at every stop light, hit the button. Eventually I started to get a stumble after hitting the test button. Sound like the pump is on it's way out??

EDIT: I've had this installed for about 3 years now FYI

You need to put a volt meter at the pump and check voltage when hitting the test button.

Pumps typically fail by leaking or water getting into its motor

Water can get into older pumps that don't have the black covers. If so it rots the bearings inside the motor. The way you can tell is pull the 5/16 head bolts on the motor and see if they are rusted. If so you need a new pump.

If the bolts are clean, then maybe trash got into the pump.

As to the voltage test above, gain on position 8 hit test and confirm 3.8-4.0 volts across red/black pump wires.

The pump covers introduced in Dec 2009 have eliminated the water getting into the motor situation.

Thanks so much. Went out to check and I don't have a black covered pump. I purchased mine in the spring of '09. Pump looks mint though. I don't drive in the rain or inclement weather. Still, moisture may have crept in. I'll check the bolts and then verify voltage tomorrow when it warms up.
Thanks again for the help!

Pulled the bolts and they all look brand new. Batteries on my Dvom are dead so I couldn't check voltage, but took the car out for a spin and now the pump seems to be working as it should when the test button is hit. Maybe it needed some time to wake up after the winter, ha. I'll verify voltage once I get some batteries. Thanks again to everyone