Alky Pump Test PSI

I am testing my alky pump (Razor Kit). W/Razor test kit. With the controller on 8 & Map simulator on 30psi.

The gauge fluctuates very fast between 130-150psi (avg. 140psi) So fast you real can not see the needle. Is this normal? Or should it be 140-160psi (avg. 150psi)
I usually need to run my controller 7-8 to keep knock away.

Thanks, Mike

I am sure Razor will comment, but here is my experience.

I have tested 12 systems including my own GN. About 60 % leaked and had low pressure 120 or less.

I replaced my pump that had a small leak at full 30psi and it could only reach about 130psi. After the new pump was installed if maxed the guage at 160 with some flexuation.

I would expect you have a small leak or worn pump, that is why you have to run it at 7-8. I only run mine at 6 with the new pump.

If the pressure goes to 140-160 your pump is fine.
Having to run the knob higher on one car than another is sometimes attributed to settings(Initial) inside controller, battery voltage at WOT, octane, altitude, etc.
Mike.. pump is fine.

Thanks, For the replies

After some more testing w/battery charger hooked up (1.5 amp) just to make sure voltage was not an issue, I also back-flushed the discharge filter to make sure it was clean, It was. I noticed a small drip on the bottom of the pump on the pressure switch.
I went an ordered a new pump. I will send this 1 back for rebuild as spare.
Alky is 1 of the best things I have done to the car, I want to make sure it is in Tip-Top shape.

Thanks, Mike

UPDATE

I am still running old pump. (New pump on shelf for future swap)
I installed a 0-200 transducer, For testing With no smoothing there was way to much fluctuation 130 to 170psi.
With medium smoothing.
Boost 24-25psi knob on controller 6 Alky 130-135psi
Boost 24-25psi knob on controller 7 Alky 135-142psi

FYI
Stock Dutt neck 85-90 ambient temp Alky lowers IAT 90deg. +/-
IAT before Alky nozzle reaches 200deg.
IAT after (Plenum) Temp stays almost flat 110-112deg. Starting to rise towards the end.

Thanks, Mike