aluminum bumper confirmation

karolko

i just want to confirm that aluminum front bumpers off a 84 monte carlo t top will infact fit behind my 87gn?
i am99% sure from what all of you junkyard pros have told me, just want the big thumbs up.

thanks

i just want to confirm that aluminum front bumpers off a 84 monte carlo t top will infact fit behind my 87gn?
i am99% sure from what all of you junkyard pros have told me, just want the big thumbs up.

thanks

Pretty sure they are different.

really i thought the concensus was that all g body stuff would work (bumper wise)

i guess it really doesn't matter, i will be cuting them up and only using the part of the bumper that bolts onto the outer shell anyways.

it would be nice to know though.

really i thought the concensus was that all g body stuff would work (bumper wise)

i guess it really doesn't matter, i will be cuting them up and only using the part of the bumper that bolts onto the outer shell anyways.

it would be nice to know though.

I parted a couple cars here & there for pert'n near 2 weeks off & on;) I build the bumper shock support brackets in aluminum. I'll compare them for you in the morning & post back. 99.9% they are different. But for what you want to do it can be made to work. If it doesn't I'm sure I have 1 here that has been hit & can sell you just the 2 sections you need.

that would be awesome. maybe post some photos of it if you could.

i am not afraid of some modifications, but it is is easier just to start from scratch then i will.

thanks again

They may fit; but Hollander shows 4 different numbers for the Monte Carlo from 78-88; and none of them are close to Buick numbers. Same deal with the Olds. Be nice if the bars did fit.

Good luck,

Joe

After looking through some other threads that mention the "export" brackets; my memory returned. Buick recalled all of the ones they could in the US; but didn't care about the export ones. The story they gave me was safty; but what was really happening was they broke off when you used an end lift on the car.

it's official Monte carlo bumper WILL NOT WORK on gn bumper covers.

so which ones will?