Another C02 question Boost Controlling

J-B Racing

Forced Induction
I am in the process of either going for a 2.5 lbs Bottle or installing a 12v Compressor with Tank in the trunk to control the WG. Has anyone tried the Compressor method and which one did you get?
Looking on ebay and I find them to be not so bad looking..

Suggestions!!

Thanks guys,
Joe

I would rather go with some on ebay that look like a Tank & Motor incorporated $100 or so and put it in the trunk.
$_57.JPG

Last edited:
I would rather go with some on ebay that look like a Tank & Motor incorporated $100 or so and put it in the trunk.
$_57.JPG

I posted a link a few weeks ago for one that was recommended for me when I was shopping for a boost controller.

I use a 2.5lb CO2 bottle with regulator from kegconnection.com. (homebrewing supplies company, and you'll get a laugh from your buddies) I get it filled at a paintball field right by the house. Pretty simple and lasts a full season or more if your system is well sealed.

09897eefe686b46dd357cfe6ee94c57e.jpg
a63a363b42023a3b4605312065276ded.jpg

This is my co2 setup 5lbs tank I mounted mine in the trunk. I like that air horn compressor setup though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a 2.5lb CO2 bottle with regulator from kegconnection.com. (homebrewing supplies company, and you'll get a laugh from your buddies) I get it filled at a paintball field right by the house. Pretty simple and lasts a full season or more if your system is well sealed.
And that is usws only for the boost?

I've filled my 5lbs and it has lasted months and months still on its first tank lol

I meant used only for boost control and not for air shift or throttle stop!
So I will order a 5 lbs bottle and mount it on the roll bar behind the driver seat.
Thanks guys!

How about the 2.5 lbs has anyone used those and how long does that last?
Sorry for all the questions! Getting old.....

How about the 2.5 lbs has anyone used those and how long does that last?
Sorry for all the questions! Getting old.....

Half as long as a 5#, comes to mind. But, I'm past getting old, and I'm not sure the math is correct.:D
I'm about to plumb in a 5# on the LS Regal. I use 2 -3 port Holley sols. Since the sols will exhaust CO2, as they control dome psi, I'm wonder "how long"....too.

I'm spending some time on the Bullet, as there seems to be more chatter on the topic.
I guess, the investment in a 5# bottle,& a reg is not a big investment, I'll go that way, first. [Still have to have the reg and lines w/ the compressor.]
These guys have nice, powdercoated alum tanks. I like the red one.
http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/kits/ehpk.shtml

Half as long as a 5#, comes to mind. But, I'm past getting old, and I'm not sure the math is correct.:D
I'm about to plumb in a 5# on the LS Regal. I use 2 -3 port Holley sols. Since the sols will exhaust CO2, as they control dome psi, I'm wonder "how long"....too.

I'm spending some time on the Bullet, as there seems to be more chatter on the topic.
I guess, the investment in a 5# bottle,& a reg is not a big investment, I'll go that way, first. [Still have to have the reg and lines w/ the compressor.]
These guys have nice, powdercoated alum tanks. I like the red one.
http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/kits/ehpk.shtml
Thanks Chuck!

I have a custom set up made up by Racetronix for my electronic boost controller. A decent air pump that you would keep in your car to fill your tires is what I am using currently, it has a water separator inline then goes into a canister. It is moderated by a pressure sensor. I keep the lowest setting to 80psi and the highest setting to 100. When it cycles under 80, the sensor activates the pump and boosts the pressure back to 100psi. It works flawlessly. All lines to and from are all teflon with all Racetronix fittings so there is no leaks. We hooked this up last year to my car and tested it on the street with my Leash boost controller. It's small and fits into my spare tire area in the trunk. I can't post pictures of it, because it's a prototype. But it's a far better option in my opinion then re filling C02 bottles.