another car insurance question

jsta6

John 15:17
again...

Who has stated/agreed insurance AND drives their car each day?

I drive my GN about 7000 miles / year. Work is only about 22 miles round trip each day.

I need to get something else as I all I have is Geico right now and I heard they only pay $7,500. My GN is worth about 15,000.

TIA!

Guess I need to talk to GEICO. When I got my policy with them, I went round and round with them to let them know it wasn't regular regal. They said that all I had to do was to show what similar cars were selling for. I have every reciept for the past 16 years.

They told Tony when he got his car stolen that the most the will pay for an 1987 Grand National, regardless of mods, is $7500. I called about two months ago and they told me the same thing.

Originally posted by jsta6
again...

Who has stated/agreed insurance AND drives their car each day?

I drive my GN about 7000 miles / year. Work is only about 22 miles round trip each day.

I need to get something else as I all I have is Geico right now and I heard they only pay $7,500. My GN is worth about 15,000.

TIA!

I just aquired Classic Car insurance from Grundy. Stated value on my ride was 20,000, and it cost 350 a year. Thats it. Unlimited millage, etc..Only thing is you need to provide proof of a daily driver, and they may have a problem with you driving it daily, however, how would they ever know..:rolleyes:

Keep in mind though, my car sits more then it moves now, so this insurance is great for me.:D

Originally posted by jsta6
They told Tony when he got his car stolen that the most the will pay for an 1987 Grand National, regardless of mods, is $7500. I called about two months ago and they told me the same thing.

I work for GEICO, and whoever told you that is wrong. we pay Actual Cash Value... basically what the car is Really worth... they check out what similar vehicles sell for, etc, and as long as you can provide proof (a decent amount) the car is worth it they will do it for you. (Kirban Catalogs work well... trust me!)

THAT SAID... we wont cover mods. well... we will but only about $200 worth (with recipts). If you drop $10g's into your motor you arent gonna get it back... and youd be hard pressed to find an insurance company that will give you that on a normal policy... it just doesnt happen. Think about it... Anyone can give us recipts and say this stuff was installed and this work was done. Our Adjusters arent gonna tear down the motor and check if its 30 over or if it has JE Pistons, and Im sure they cant tell the difference between a T-3 and a TE62. If you want that stuff covered you need a stated value policy, and we need proof (Recipts) and photos of everything beforehand, Im not sure if we even do that ourselves to be honest. (we have an agency within GEICO that handles that).

When my GN got stolen I had State Farm, I had a stated value policy for $12000, they wouldnt have covered an of the stuff on my GN that I got without doing that... they probably were only gonna give me $9850 from what they said. Luckily I had photos and Kirban catalogs to back it up!

Re: Re: another car insurance question

Originally posted by blackshoebox
I just aquired Classic Car insurance from Grundy. Stated value on my ride was 20,000, and it cost 350 a year. Thats it. Unlimited millage, etc..Only thing is you need to provide proof of a daily driver, and they may have a problem with you driving it daily, however, how would they ever know..:rolleyes:

Keep in mind though, my car sits more then it moves now, so this insurance is great for me.:D

Just FYI for everyone out there that has Grundy or similar policies... Not to rag on you at all... but be careful. they DO investigate accident/vandalism claims VERY MUCH, and your policy states they can deny the claim for MANY MANY reasons... So that one day that you take the car to work if it gets nabbed from the parking lot.... technically they can deny the claim.

If you get into a car accident on the way to work, they will pay the claim to the other person and then sue you personally to get the money back, after they drop you and deny your claim.

Be careful!!