Another new best!!

Dusty Bradford

No pics but this seems the place for updates.

I tried upping the power on my heap today. I don't know if the track wasn't as prepped as it has been but I shook the tires every pass. I guess it's time to begin shock tuning since I'm making more power earlier in the run. I ran the wastegate down 2 rounds for more boost.

1st pass I completely blew the tires off leaving at 4600

2nd pass I went back to 4400. 1.40 60, Boost came in sooner, hazed the tires a little and ran a 5.704 at 125.87. Boost is still at 24.5 down track

3rd pass. Tire pressure adjustment and went back to 4600 on 2 step. Same result. Left decent but tires broke loose 40 feet out. I peddaled it and got back in it but the car headed for the wall about 300 feet out.

The car does not like leaving at 4600 at all. 4th pass I went back to 4400 on the two step and put 3 more rounds on the wastegate. I left too early with only about 3# of boost so it had a lazy 1.59 60 foot BUT on the high side it picked up 2# of boost and 6mph :cool:

It went a 5.79 at 131.58 with 26.5# of boost. I had a goal today of running 5.50's but the sixty foot wasn't there when it needed to be. I do know it will run the numbers and am happy with the mph increase. The track will put up pics tomorrow. If any of the Buick are on it I'll put them up.

Dusty,

I like the MPH, don't worry about the ET when the track is not hooking.
Sounds like the boost controller needs to happen before next week end.
You are running very well with only manual boost control and on radials.
As always congratlations.

Awesome!
What kind of boost controller do you have for the car? Im confused when you say 2 rounds?

This thread is worthless without VIDEO ;)

Great job man, friggin awesome!
BW

Quick6'n'-K.C. said:
Awesome!
What kind of boost controller do you have for the car? Im confused when you say 2 rounds?

This thread is worthless without VIDEO ;)

Great job man, friggin awesome!
BW

Byan,

He is just using the wastegate spring as of right now.
Once he gets electronic boost control....look out!

Damn Dusty! Mighty Impresssive!

Now I'll go back to sitting in my GN, and listening to the video of your car again.... ;D

Thanks John :biggrin:

Dusty, you need to get a link on here for all the pics of your car, put it in your signature so we can drooool...
I am envious of how fast your car has turned out with very little time at the track, and on M/T drag radials...

I cant remember,did you purchase my wolfe rear bar?

BW

turbocliff said:
Damn Dusty! Mighty Impresssive!

Now I'll go back to sitting in my GN, and listening to the video of your car again.... ;D

where is the video?
BW

Quick6'n'-K.C.

Here is the link from last week with some pics and two videos.

http://www.maliburacing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33898

I was trying to see how far I could go without spending any money on an electronic boost controller. I have now learned how important consistent launch boost will be with a closed loop controller. The problem with just using the spring in the external gate is the car builds more boost the longer I sit on the 2 step. This is causing inconsistent launches. I hope to at least have travel limiters before next weekend. Right now if the car hits 15psi too soon it just blows the tires off.

I remember talking with you about your bar but I ended up buying the whole single sway bar and rear suspension kit.

Thanks for the comments. The V8 with turbo has been a lot of fun. 1000hp is easy and doesn't even push the engine. A 3500lb car can run 6.0's at 120mph like cake walk.

Congrats on another new best!

Very nice MPH!!! 5.50's are definitely there once you get the 60' in line.. Did I mention you are making it look too easy with the V8?! :eek:

Afco

Attachments

• IMG_0060.JPG
    IMG_0060.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 298
I know he makes some very nice stuff. I have seen some of his equipment on the front end of some G-bodies.

John Wilde said:
His stuff is really good, I just don't see any stock type mounting offerings.
Does he make stuff for stock suspension cars?
yes,