Another stolen So Cal Buick GN: This is really getting out of hand:

Gary Wells

White turbo Buick trailer park trash
JSAautomotive

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys..... Sorry to post in an in-appropriate area, but I need your help if possible.

I owned an 87 Grand National until today (2-3-05). It was stolen. I live in the San Fernando Valley of the Los Angeles area. It was stolen from a parking lot at 9221 Corbin Ave in Northridge, Ca between 9am and 2pm today. There is a substantial award for it's recovery.

Lic # 2DUU152
VIN# 1G4GJ1173HP437521
Color / Black (of course)

It was in very good condition. I waited for this car for 3 years for my friend to sell it to me. It has some laquer checking, the hood had an area that had some primer and sanding. The interior and body were both immaculate.

Let me know if you guys happen to see/hear anything.

Thanks,

John Stevenson
John Stevenson Automotive
10158 Canoga Ave.
Chatsworth, Ca. 91311
24/7# (818) 772-1737

i'll keep my eyes open

sorry to hear about that. i almost lost my Ttype out of my driveway in granada hills. they couldnt get it started. i had to replace my steering wheel and column after. the "club" was disabled but cutting the steering wheel with bolt cutters.
f'n bastards. all of them

Sorry about your loss! & my condolences. In all my years of being involved with TR's I have seen more sad cases like this than I care to think about. These cars have always been prime targets. Clubs,alarms, etc. are useless & can be easily defeated. In my opinion what works best is a hidden kill switch. I know of several case where this has worked well. If a thief can't steal it in a hurry they will walk away. Anyone who isin't protecting thier car this way is vulnerable.I know it takes the joy out of owning the car. But it pays to be a bit paronoid & aware of where you park it. Shopping centers seem to be the favorite hunting grounds. Car thieves also are not priority for the cops. Right now there is a law suit pending against a LAPD officer who chased down & caught a car thief. He resisted & got hit with a flash light . The cop is now on the hot seat as a result & the scumbag is claiming brain damage & is sueing for millions. You got to love It!

Re: Reply

Originally posted by turbolou
These cars have always been prime targets. Clubs,alarms, etc. are useless & can be easily defeated. In my opinion what works best is a hidden kill switch.

While the club and alarms may be easily defeated, they are deterents nonetheless. The more deterents that you present a car thief with, the longer they have to spend with those hurdles. Kill switches are nice, I recommend at least three hidden about the car in various locations.

Sorry to hear about that man. :( Someone tried to steal mine about 2 or 3 years ago. F'd the column all up. Luckily I got to keep my car and now it's garage kept.....exept for the day it broke down and I had it towed home and parked on the street only to come out the next morning and find out a drunk driver had hit it:mad: :mad: :mad: ......but that's neither here nor there. I'll let you know if I see it and good luck.

20$ kill switch saved my car from LA area steal. It was for the better anyways, i have tele trak(24/7 365 days a year sat. monitored with pin point national coverage)too n would have handled things the wrong way if he did happen to get away with it.

He bypassed my viper alarm tho-but was no match for a 20$ kill switch lol.

besides; it really doesn't matter what u have to protect your car, if some1 who is a pro wants it its their's. But most dummies give up after 3 min anways.

sorrie to hear about this, i hope and pray for ya man!

Originally posted by XxDarkSidexX
20$ kill switch saved my car from LA area steal. It was for the better anyways, i have tele trak(24/7 365 days a year sat. monitored with pin point national coverage)too n would have handled things the wrong way if he did happen to get away with it.

He bypassed my viper alarm tho-but was no match for a 20$ kill switch lol.

besides; it really doesn't matter what u have to protect your car, if some1 who is a pro wants it its their's. But most dummies give up after 3 min anways.

sorrie to hear about this, i hope and pray for ya man!
Exactly my point! Smart Man!