Anybody in central Jersey with a flatbed or trailer I can borrow/rent?

Snorman

Boosted.
AAA is giving me **** about towing the car from my house since I had it towed there last week.
The tranny is slipping bad, and I'm getting Eric at Dynotech to do it. It's about 60 miles from my house. Without AAA, it's probably a $200 tow. U-haul can't guarantee when they'll have an auto transport available. Apparently, they don't rent them much anymore. If I can get a trailer, I can tow it with my Tahoe.
Can anybody help me out or point me to where I might be able to rent a trailer for a few hours?
S.

Hello AAA, yeah I know I used you last week. The car broke down this week away from my house.
I think you fill in the rest.

Since they towed it to the house, they won't tow it from the house.
I've called a few places yesterday trying to find a trailer. U-haul needs a reservation "at least a month" in advance. They have tow-dollies, but I'm not sure the Regal will fit on one.
I guess I'll bump my AAA membership to a Plus membership and try to drive the car a mile or two up the street, then pull over and call them. :confused:
S.

just do what i do. if the car gets towed to the house for a slipping tranny, call them back up be like i need to get towed for the engine making a noise or make up something. you can get towed just not for the same reason i have done it a ton of times just make up a different problem then they have to tow it.

The Regal fits fine on a tow dolly I towed my 85 Regal from Bob's in Massachusetts down 91 and 95 to NY with no problem

Let me know if you need help, i could have my Flatbed pick-up for you and drop off at Dynotech for you. Let me know.

snorman

what is your location in Jersey?

if you can send me your location, I might be able to set you up with a flatbed, my father owns an autobody shop and we are very friendly with the drivers and such,

do you need it for both ways or just to dynotech?
I am not sure about both ways unless he came back and got your car at a later time, but I would think we would be able to hook you up for atleast one way, not to sound cheap but I dont want to lie and come off as saying the drivers will do it free, but I am sure it would be a minimal charge compared to a normal one

please let me know and I could probably find a price for you, maybe even by tommorow (12/30/02)

Carl