Anybody running 245/60s on 15x7s w/3.5 bs in the front?

Rob_85Ttype

I want to run this size all the way around, but am a little concerned with hitting the outsides of the tires on the front. I know this tire works on 15x7 T-wheels with only a slight inside rub on hard turns.

Is anyone out there running this combo?

Due to my concerns (and no response to this post) with the backspacing and tire width on the front, I have abandoned my desire for 245/60s all the way around with 15x7s and 3.5 bs.

I have installed 275/60s on the rear on the 15x7s w/3.5 bs and the fit was wonderful on the frame side and the fender lip side. Tire bulge is not too excessive in my opinion, even though a 15x8 would have been a little better for that tire. The tire looks awesome. I jacked up one of the front corners of the car to simulate a sideways approach to a steep driveway from a flat road, and the rear tires seemed to still have fender lip clearance as the body rotated toward one of the rear sides. The drums are aluminum. Today, I will purchase 215/70s for the front on the same 15x7s w/3.5 bs.

Wish I could help. I would like to see the pictures as I am wanting to do the same thing. Good luck

Depending if your car is lowered or not. My GN has 2" drop
spindles and I have 245/50/15 on the front and they rub
over bigger bumps or if car is loaded w/friends. I'm assuming
the 245/60/15 would perhaps rub depending what shocks you
have and how stiff the suspension is.

245/60-15 will fit just fine all the way around...... I ran that size for over 8 years and it worked just fine. However, the car did handle a little mushy as the sidewall did flex a bit on tight cornering so I would not recommened them for that reason. They did look nice on the car though but since going to the 16 X 8 transam wheels, their is no comparison at all.... I am now running 245/50-16 all the way around and the car handles so, so much better. I did use the stock 15 X 7 GN wheels with the 245/60 size and in fact, I still have them mounted and stacked up in the garage on the stock wheels...... get the 16" wheels if you can, you won't be sorry... TBF