Anyone ever bought and installed this Autozone engine?

that outsource rebuilds every motor the same im sure, i wouldnt trust it unless you plan on tearing it back down.

I can rebuild small blocks in my sleep but that mentality doesnt apply to these engines so ive read, but good thing for now mine runs good and put away for winter.

Ive seen used motors on Jack Cottons site for sale or on here in forsale section.

dunno its tough call cause ya might say oh just stock...but for how long? and i doubt these reman's would hold up once the add onz begin

good luck

Here's the link:

AutoZone.com | Shopping | Parts | Product Detail - Engine

It says that it can be used for both turbo and N/A applications but before I plunk down the money, I was hoping that someone else had some experience with one.

Thanks,
Christopher

bought one a while back just to look it over------its still somewhere in my shop--------its not worth the time to put in in a car------its junk out of the box----------i posted my thoughts on another thread a while back------look em up------want to look one over for free-----visit my shop-----still in the crate with all the paperwork------cheap to a good home..........RC

Yup you can be pretty much certain that it would not have a turbo crank in it.

yeah

My car came with one in it. It has 23,000 on it and it pulls like a champ I just put 009's in it I'm going to get a 63 or 67, and a stretch cooler and see what it is made of.

My car came with one in it. It has 23,000 on it and it pulls like a champ I just put 009's in it I'm going to get a 63 or 67, and a stretch cooler and see what it is made of.

good luck-hope all goes well for you................RC

I wouldn't go anywhere without my AAA +, with RV endorsement.
Got me out of a jamb more than once.

my car has an auto parts store replacement engine in it that was installed back in 92.. about a month after it was put in, it blew a head gasket.
then it sat until the spring of 2004 when i got it. i found out why it blew the head gasket- all the headbolts were just barely more than finger tight, and the knock sensor was unhooked. the .020 oversized pistons had a pretty severe dish in them- about what i've seen a turbo piston is supposed to look like, so i think it might actually be a turbo spec long block. i haven't pulled the oil pan to see what crank and rods are in it, but i've been driving it for the last 3 summers without it making any funny noises to burning oil..
but if it does blow up, i'll either build an E85 spec 4.1, or go all sacriligious and destroke that Caprice LT1 out in the barn down to 302 inches and put that in with a pair of turbocoupe turbos..

Surefire / Engine
Warranty - 3 YR DB43
Price:
$1479.99
Core:
$245.00
Total:
$1724.99

Note:
Hot run tested up to 30 minutes. Brass freeze plug all blocks are line honed cam bearings are line bored to Std. block & heads are 100% surfaced. chrome or Moly rings.timing cover & oil pump installed installation gaskets less valley pan gasket. 20 bolt pan. Smog, detonation sensor. 10mm bolts in front of heads. Block #109. With oil drain back in front of lifter galley *** Call 1-800-790-9094 for application verification and delivery time before ordering ***

Seems to me that this is a true 109 block, even has the drain hole in the front of the block for the turbo.
Heres my opinion, and everyone has one. If its going into a bone stock car or near stock then I would personaly use it, HOWEVER my decision is based on warranty. I own an auto repair shop and have purchased ALOT of different crate motor, and being that I have a facility as this I have NEVER had a problem with a warranty claim. But as a regular consumer i could see it getting very sticky should you have have a problem. If your gonna have a reputable shop install the motor then in my opinion go for it. If you plan to install it yourself, Id look else where.

The one good thing I can say for auto zone is I LOVE they're warranties. Everything I have ever had to return or replace under warranty has been no ?'s asked, this may be in part to the fact that I have a shop but warranty's have always been a piece of cake with them for me.