Anyone in the Galveston area?

TXwh1/gn

I am planning a trip to the Galveston area in late August. Is there any car shows or cruises on labor day weekend? Also curious about the cost of living in the area. My wife is interviewing at the med-school and I was wondering what the area has to offer.

HOWDY!!

I went to A&M @ Galveston for 1 year. I was extremely miserable, they do street race out on east beach, but if you wreck you get wet. The enbankments are fun on one side of the seawall with a 50 deg tilt, but you will get ticketed.
Basically,
when the KAPPAS (black sorority) come seasonally, I would not be out on the street if your skin color is not similiar to theirs.
I almost got my GN taken from me when I ventured out from my Dorm to purchase Ramen.
The people and the environment are not conducive to an educational environment.
The city is in poor shape both economically and physically.
UTMB is nice thou...
Just my 2 cents.....
Jim

gnjim3 I go to A&M galveston , i'll be a sophmore this year, when did you go there? Last year there was a GN there the 1st few days of class and it was never there again. Mine was constanly broken in houston so I never got to bring it down there. Txwh1/gn there really aint much to do, but cruise up and down seawall or take a nice long trip across the ferry to boliver or all the way down 3005 and hang out with friends at San Luis pass, or at my friends beach house lol.

Thanks for the info!!! I won't be bringing any turbo Buicks down if she gets accepted. I have already sold them off to pay for her schooling. Well anyway things are looking pretty good now. She got another interview at Texas A&M in College Station also :D

Keep your fingers and toes crossed for her. PLEASE ;)

Sorry forgot to ask, can you suggest a good part of town to stay? Or better yet. Any place that we should not stay?:)
THANKS

Hi
I went there 1996-1997 I did have fun, but I wanted to go to main campus...(now I want to get as far away from A&M as possible)
I am seriously considering moving to Hawaii (cheapest out of state school to go to) it does have a decent engineering program.
Later
Jim