Anyone interested in a DOUBLE DIN kit?

let me know if you need someone to mock up and test fit… :);) i have mine all ready to go… this is also one of my projects that got postponed… I've had my Double-DIN in for 2 years lol. Just haven't been set on design and don't have access to a water-jet.

aaron

Well, DD didn't arrive today but I went ahead and took measurements for the waterjet. Hopefully I can steal waterjet time during the week. Definitely sticking the DD on top and A/C controls/cigg lighter on bottom...

It's friggin tight. Lol. Cut two different plates and it is looking like it is just going to have to be open at the top and bottom for them to both fit.

In other words, instead of a square with two holes (DD and A/C) it will be more of like an H with a DD opening at top and A/C at bottom (and cigg hole)...

Should have pics Wednesday of a finished one...

It's friggin tight. Lol. Cut two different plates and it is looking like it is just going to have to be open at the top and bottom for them to both fit.

In other words, instead of a square with two holes (DD and A/C) it will be more of like an H with a DD opening at top and A/C at bottom (and cigg hole)...

Should have pics Wednesday of a finished one...
I've seen it done with the HVAC remaining at the top, leaving a "thick bar" on the top, left and right and open at the bottom. Which is how I was mocking mine up. I figure the bottom open is not nearly as noticeable as the top. I did have to clearance the bottom of the HVAC bezel too

Why no just leave the ac controls at the top ? I had my old t type setup like that with a double din kenwood ( wish I had pics ) had to hack up the factory trim plate and find a double din bezel ( for some reason my kenwood didn't come with one ) and had to make some custom mounts. It was tight as a frogs ass but it did work.

I'm putting them at the bottom just because I adjust the radio more than the a/c... easier to reach.

Car has gotten a ton of other stuff that took priority (hood, splitter, side exhaust, metal "race style" spoiler we built and painted, etc...)...
10305421_10152161699486775_8473541389541781794_n.jpg

...but all my stereo wiring comes in this week so should have it all made and installed this weekend.

The splitter? Waterjet ABS. We're going to sell it on the site once we figure out the best design for the underside (hard as hell to mount right now)...

I bet. That's exactly what I was going to try to make but I don't wanna destroy the only one piece i have.

The "seen" part is easy. It's just there aren't a lot of side mounting holes and to even get to the front holes the splitter has to be notched and therefore supported somewhere else in the back to work... I'm also running black splitter rods which turned out to be a major PITA to install thanks to our bumpers going right up to the frame (have to pull the damn bumper just to tighten the rod nuts)....

The "seen" part is easy. It's just there aren't a lot of side mounting holes and to even get to the front holes the splitter has to be notched and therefore supported somewhere else in the back to work... I'm also running black splitter rods which turned out to be a major PITA to install thanks to our bumpers going right up to the frame (have to pull the damn bumper just to tighten the rod nuts)....

Those GNX vents in the hood?

Let's see some more pics of the hood and rear wing.(y)

They are actually ones sold aftermarket for Mustang hoods. They look like GNX but are WAYYYY higher quality and about 60% larger, just like the hood bump we made ;)

Going to hopefully get time to update the build page this weekend with under hood pics, hood pics, interior radio pics, body kit picks, rear body pan pics and spoiler pics ;)

Yessir! Rewired the whole car's stereo system and got the double DIN mounted...

20140519_180308.jpg

Just gotta make a mounte for the

20140519_180318.jpg

Just got to make a mount for the A/C controls and then our trim piece. The trim piece will be out of the same black acrylic we are using for our GNX style gauges...

20140531_183323.jpg

...and new shifter plate replacement WITH CUPHOLDER...

20140531_183242.jpg

That one is custom for my shifter but we made a stock one as well (you reuse your stock shifter indicator plate)...

20140531_183846.jpg

Getting there...