Anyone spraying methanol with an alky kit while running 100% E85 in the gas tank?

TA49-WE4

Just wondering if anyone on here has tryed spraying methanol with an alky kit while running on 100% E85.

Thoughts on this? :confused:

Just wondering if anyone on here has tryed spraying methanol with an alky kit while running on 100% E85.

Thoughts on this? :confused:

I believe there maybe one or two people on here that have done it on this board. I have it as a future upgrade myself, but I beleive that with 100% E-85 the alky kit would only be needed in the warmer months, I just can't see it working well with temps below 50 outside.

E-85 cools the hell out of the air ( much more than alky injection ) , together I bet its an awesome combo for the summer :biggrin:

I believe there maybe one or two people on here that have done it on this board. I have it as a future upgrade myself, but I beleive that with 100% E-85 the alky kit would only be needed in the warmer months, I just can't see it working well with temps below 50 outside.

E-85 cools the hell out of the air ( much more than alky injection ) , together I bet its an awesome combo for the summer :biggrin:

I did have concern about the E85/alky spray combo making the air to cold. What a problem to have. :D

Like you said, it sure would be an awesome combo for one of those hot 90 deg plus days in the summer.

Anyone who has tried it please post your results.

Thanks

I was able to run 30psi with just e85 on a 90deg, high humidity day with no knock.

It doesn't sound like methanol will add a lot to the mix when using 100% E85.
Conrad

It doesn't sound like methanol will add a lot to the mix when using 100% E85.
Conrad

Agreed. E-98 is even better. Obviously you'd have to find a supplier, But I'd rather upgrade a lil further and run E-98 than put Alky on top of E-85 :biggrin:

supplementing fuel supply

This might work if you are running a stock ecm and have ran out of injector?
And it is not modded for low imp.

I did run e85 with an older SMC alcohol injection kit for a few months earlier this summer. I used it just because it was already on the car when I converted over to e85. It has since been removed, after seeing many members running 25-30 psi with no knock, I didn't see a need for it.

I did run e85 with an older SMC alcohol injection kit for a few months earlier this summer. I used it just because it was already on the car when I converted over to e85. It has since been removed, after seeing many members running 25-30 psi with no knock, I didn't see a need for it.

So you did not see any performance loss at all after you took the smc kit off?

How much boost were you running?

What size injectors do you have?

What was your timing set at?

20 lbs of boost, 50 lb injectors, don't recall timing offhand. I upgraded to a TE44 while I had it off, so I don't have a good before and after comparison. I was mainly using it as a cushion after installing the TT E85 chip so that
I wouldn't run lean - rather than adding fuel in the chip.