Anyone using "LOG WORKS" from Innovate?

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
I'm looking at buying an INNOVATE WBO2 sensor and it comes with Log Works software. The software looks very nice and wouldn't mind using it but I hav'nt heard much about people here using it.

Is anyone here using the Log Works software?

How do you like it?

Here is the device i'm looking at: Innovate Motor Sports On-Line Store

If anyone has any input to using this please reply with your thoughts.

Thank You!

Scot W.

I have the Logworks 3 SW that came with my LC-1. But I've never used it.I just use the LM programmer to setup the wideband and let the powerlogger do the all of the logging.

The SW looks a little slicker but in the end both have the same 5 channels of analog input, although the Innovate can take frequency inputs.

I have the Logworks 3 SW that came with my LC-1. But I've never used it.I just use the LM programmer to setup the wideband and let the powerlogger do the all of the logging.

The SW looks a little slicker but in the end both have the same 5 channels of analog input, although the Innovate can take frequency inputs.
Yeah the Log Works software looks real nice! I was planning on getting the powerlogger but then seen this and just wondered if anyone is using it.

If this works well a person could save quite a bit of money with this set up. Costing $299 with the o2 sensor and software as apposed to the powerlogger at $299 and then have to buy a LC-1 for $199.. The good thing about powerlogger is that it reads right off our ECM where as the Innovate log works probably has to have all individual sensors witch is still okay.

I will do more researching on this to see how or if it will even work for our stuff.

Lc-1 + Ssi-4

I just got off the phone with Innovate and Yes it will work on our cars! Unlike the powerlogger you have to tap into the items you want logged. Example; The 2 or 3-bar map sensors will work fine to log boost & Vac, Tapping into the Tach wire for the RPM signal will work perfectly, The bottom line is, If you have something with a signal you can tap into it for data recording! Then you have the WB o2 that you get with it and you now have RPM, WBO2, BOOST & VAC automatically. Then if you want drive shaft rpm all you have to do is purchase the correct sensor. They said this LC-1 + SSI-4 is totally universial and as long as you can recive a signal it will record it.

Scot W.

Question is.... While you're tapping into these various items to monitor, where/what is the analog data being fed into?

IOW, since logworks is the software portion of the system, what's the hardware portion?

Never mind, I just found the answer. Not a bad piece of hardware, but IMHO VERY VERY limited in it's monitoring capabilities.
Only two useful pieces of data there really. RPM and Boost. The other data points? well.... you'd be WAY ahead running Powerlogger if you really want to see what's going on with all the ECM's data points.

Question is.... While you're tapping into these various items to monitor, where/what is the analog data being fed into?

IOW, since logworks is the software portion of the system, what's the hardware portion?

Never mind, I just found the answer. Not a bad piece of hardware, but IMHO VERY VERY limited in it's monitoring capabilities.
Only two useful pieces of data there really. RPM and Boost. The other data points? well.... you'd be WAY ahead running Powerlogger if you really want to see what's going on with all the ECM's data points.
Well right off the bat you automatically have RPM, BOOST/VAC & WB o2 readings then from there you can simply decide what else you want to log and tap into that, Like Fuel pressure, Injector pulse width, TPS, and you could even add a drive shaft RPM sensor if you like.

If one is looking to save $200+ on a data logger system that does pretty good at logging the most important stuff needed while racing, this system looks pretty good!

Don't forget most have scan masters that tell quite a bit too like TPS, IAC, BL, L8, KNOCK and so on, so while the power logger does log everything that is on the ECU ask yourself just how much of that stuff is looked at on the drag strip?

For the record: I'm in no way knocking the power logger! It's a great product and I've had it and liked it allot but in todays economy it's common practice to go a cheaper route.

Here is a few pictures of the screens of Log Works

LogWorks: Data Logging software designed for Innovate Motorsports products

Scot W.

Well right off the bat you automatically have RPM, BOOST/VAC & WB o2 readings then from there you can simply decide what else you want to log and tap into that, Like Fuel pressure, Injector pulse width, TPS, and you could even add a drive shaft RPM sensor if you like.

If one is looking to save $200+ on a data logger system that does pretty good at logging the most important stuff needed while racing, this system looks pretty good!

Don't forget most have scan masters that tell quite a bit too like TPS, IAC, BL, L8, KNOCK and so on, so while the power logger does log everything that is on the ECU ask yourself just how much of that stuff is looked at on the drag strip?

For the record: I'm in no way knocking the power logger! It's a great product and I've had it and liked it allot but in todays economy it's common practice to go a cheaper route.

Here is a few pictures of the screens of Log Works

LogWorks: Data Logging software designed for Innovate Motorsports products

Scot W.

OK, but I think you're being dazzled by pretty pictures. It only really has 4 dedicated 0-5v channels (one for your wb, one for tps, one for MAP and one for something else), and to monitor anything at all, you'll need a laptop running to see anything. You wont, for example, be able to monitor the WBO2 during normal driving (unless you have the laptop up and running), Unless you opt for the XD16 kit. $$$$$ no savings there.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16240&cat=0&page=1

It's not a bad setup IMHO, just a very dedicated setup. Good (albeit somewhat limited in scope) for racing.

OK, but I think you're being dazzled by pretty pictures. It only really has 4 dedicated 0-5v channels (one for your wb, one for tps, one for MAP and one for something else), and to monitor anything at all, you'll need a laptop running to see anything. You wont, for example, be able to monitor the WBO2 during normal driving (unless you have the laptop up and running), Unless you opt for the XD16 kit. $$$$$ no savings there.

Innovate Motor Sports On-Line Store

It's not a bad setup IMHO, just a very dedicated setup. Good (albeit somewhat limited in scope) for racing.
I love pretty pictures! LOL

scott are you racing this one thought you were looking to auto cross or just g ridd'n give me a shout, say high to donnie an dave.
Tom

scott are you racing this one thought you were looking to auto cross or just g ridd'n give me a shout, say high to donnie an dave.
Tom
One has to get a baseline! ;) I want to see what it will do and what it weighs then I can work from there.

Tom, How are things coming together for you?

Scot W.

hopefully will get exaust done by next wk foung diff.guy to bend
pipe will be mandrel cost should be fair, is one of our commercial customers still wondering which muffler race bullit or ultra flow will check tommorrow on cost threw orreilly's my discount usually good trans is another story. took floyd out for a spin he's puttin nova back togather hhould be 9.0 car w/small block
peace dude
tom