Arkansas!...looking for family vacation spot!

at7we2

Hey Arkansas Buick owners - I'm looking for a good family vacation spot within about 5-6 hours of Dallas, Texas. My wife and I have been searching the net for over a week now and we've come up with several possibilities, but we don't really now what will work best for us. I'm hoping to get some input from those of you who know your way around Arkansas. Our vacation criteria is:

- less than 6 hours from Dallas
- "budget friendly"
- good for 3-4 days
- place to stay for 2 adults and 2 kids (8 and 6 yrs old) and a 50 lb. mutt
- activities we're interested in (any combination would work): waterpark, fishing, horseback riding (would need guide/teacher for kids), diamond digging, historic sites, woods, nature, hiking, etc. place to ride bicycles? - open to other ideas.
- prefer airconditioned cabin or hotel/motel but the wife is not interested in camping for this trip.

So how about it guys? Any suggestions? My wife really wanted me to book this today (Sunday 6/26) but I haven't been able to pick a spot so far. Any input is appreciated!

Thanks,
Rob

My mother lives in arkansas, went & visited once & went to hotsprings for a day, that place is nice .stayed in the fancy hotel that al capone used to stay at & the tap water was spring fed. the diamond mine is close to there (the one where all the big diamonds have been found lately), funny how it is called a diamond mine & it is just a plowed field. HTH

I live right outside Little Rock, Hot Springs is my pick. There is a lake, trails, history...great hotels. The Arlington Hotel is Al Capones old stomping grounds and it has a ghost tour. ;)
Hope this helps.

Rick